Author Topic: Under Armour?  (Read 13357 times)

Offline maineguy79

• Posting Member
Is anyone here familiar with the Under Armour line of compression shirts? If so, have you used them? And if you have, are they effective at flattening your chest?

I found this one and the description makes it sound like it would be ideal... but I'd like to know before I buy it whether or not it will actually flatten my chest:

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens/apparel/tops/heatgear/pid1201165-Men-s-HeatGear-Sleeveless-T/1201165-600

Thoughts?

Offline Gamer7

• Posting Member
I have heard people say good things about Under Armour.  I wish they sold compression tanks because the full T's look too hot if you wear a shirt over it.

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
Found them to be hot, itchy and uncomfortable. Probably okay if you shave or wax but I wouldn't waste my money on another one.

Offline maineguy79

• Posting Member
I found the Under Armour shirt on sale for $10, so I grabbed one. So far, so good... it's very tight, but comfortable. (I got the Medium, even though the sizing chart suggested a Large.) It doesn't flatten my chest, but it does make it a bit less noticeable and stops the jiggling/bouncing. The material is definitely breathable and has not made me feel hot or sweaty. I haven't had any problems with it yanking on my chest hair, either. Not bad for 10 bucks. I just hope it doesn't become stretched out and useless after a few uses.

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
I have not had the best of luck with UnderArmor, although it does flatten my nipples a little bit, it does not work well enough to make it worth sweating my butt off with two shirts on.  Also, I have noticed for some reason that these shirts really give me worse body odor than any other clothes I have ever worn.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have tried double washing it with a lot of extra detergent, but still no luck in not smelling quite bad.
If the worst health issue you face is only an aesthetic one - remember it is just that. You can fix it with surgery, or hide it, or deal with it. The bottom line - we are all battling something that shouldn't stop us from missing out on life and living how we want to. Everyone should be so lucky!

Offline maineguy79

• Posting Member
What kind of Under Armour was it? I think this might make a big difference. The one I got is part of their "Heat Gear" line. I wore it yesterday, on a humid 94 degree day, and I was comfortable. They have other lines, such as "Cold Gear," which are actually designed to trap your body heat and keep your warm. That would definitely not be a good thing on a hot day!  :o

I noticed that one of the mods moved this topic to Surgery > Compression Garments. Let me just say that these Under Armour shirts are definitely not appropriate for post-surgery situations! You would probably rip out your stitches while trying to put on or take off the shirt... or, at the very least, you would cause yourself a great deal of discomfort. I would only recommend these shirts for people like myself who can't afford surgery and are looking for an inexpensive way to make their chest slightly less noticeable. If you need a post-surgery garment, get one that is recommended by your physician.

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
Not sure.  I will check it out.  All I know is that wearing two shirts sucks and I have found a much better solution now!  Especially for the summer time.

Offline maineguy79

• Posting Member
All I know is that wearing two shirts sucks and I have found a much better solution now!  Especially for the summer time.

And what would that better solution be? Inquiring minds want to know!

Regarding the sweat/B.O. issue: I think it may be because the material not only wicks away sweat, but also wicks away deodorant. My usual deodorant generally does a great job of keeping me stink-free, but I've noticed that I've had to re-apply it in the middle of the day when wearing Under Armour. It's just a guess on my part, but I wonder if the material wicks it away from the skin, therefore requiring that it be re-applied. Just a wild guess.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024