Author Topic: Second Surgery Cost?  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Do doctors charge for a second surgery to remove any remaining "stuff" (excision to remove gland, etc.)? If so, what's the average fee? I paid $3,000 for my initial tumescent surgery.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 06:01:51 PM by Gyn.org »
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I specifically asked that question and my guy said no charge for revision surgery.

DrBermant

Do doctors charge for a second surgery to remove any remaining "stuff" (excision to remove gland, etc.)? If so, what's the average fee? I paid $3,000 for my initial tumescent surgery.

Fees for revision surgery vary depending on the problem to be treated, techniques needed, and from doctor to doctor.  A second surgeon is not going to waive fees to revise another surgeon's patient.  Revision surgery can vary from something very minor to a major undertaking needing hours of sculpture.

For their own patients, each surgeon has their own revision policy that can vary depending on the reason for the revision and other factors.  Surgery does not prevent regrowth.  If a patient gains alot of weight after surgery or grows more gland, most surgeons view the condition as a different problem than remaining tissue.  

In factoring in the cost of any surgery ,including revision surgery, you need to consider the possibility of needing even more surgery.  Some patients I have seen have been operated several times before coming to me.  I prefer techniques that minimize the need for further revision surgery.  Although I have revised many patients from other doctors, revisions for my patients have been very low. For the very few of my patients I have revised, each is evaluated on a case by case basis.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 05:25:48 AM by DrBermant »

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

Revision surgery can vary from something very minor to a major undertaking needing hours of sculpture.
Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Hey Doc,

would the correction of a slight degree of assymetry that's present after a gynecomastia excision+lipo surgery be considered "something very minor" ?
And just how invasive is such a revision, when compared with that of the original surgery?

thanks
Tony
... and the saga continues

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Thanks, guys. I guess the best is just to obviously talk to my PS.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
i agree, it is just smart business... if I were him I would probably do the same thing.

It just kills me when I hear of guys travelling all the way from Canada down there just to see him, not realizing that we have surgeons here who are just as good or better, and 10x cheaper.

Offline hypo

Theoretically speaking

There will always be people who are vulnerable who believe what they are being told hook line and sinker, particularly if they are being told it by a member of the medical profession.

It is not simply about good business, it is also about ethics.

Any self promotion by any doctor that could be said to be to the unreasonable financial, physical or emotional detriment of those they see would in my opinion be unethical.

No doctor should ever put his own interests ahead of those of his or her patients/potential patients.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024