Author Topic: hematoma dried fluid removal  (Read 3958 times)

socovish

I had gyne correction surgery 7 weeks ago (lipo + gland excission).  I developed a hematoma on my left side (as per pic) now the left part of my chest looks far larger than my right.  I've been massaging but I think the enlargement is due to dried hematoma/seroma fluid.  What is the best option for removing that, and can I do anything to accelerate the removal process?  I am willing to try ultrasound, laser, etc.  I ahve been massaging daily and continuing to wear the compression garment.  Also, any advice for skin adhesion corrections?  Thanks.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm guessing that no one has responded so far, because, like me, they're not sure what they're looking at in your photo.  What you've labeled as the left looks better than the other side due to the irregular contour on that side.  Your body will deal with residual hematoma, presuming there's not a persistent collection there, but beyond that, it looks like you have wrinkling of the skin and adherence to the deeper tissue.  You need to massage the tissue to try and break up scar and alleviate the adherence, if it's not too late to do that.  A massage therapist, or a physical therapist using modalities like ultrasound in conjunction with massage, may be able to help, but I'm not sure. You may require revision at some point to free that skin up, and if it's the result of over-resection of fat, you might need some fat grafting to get a smoother contour.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com