Author Topic: Gland or fat?  (Read 2755 times)

Offline ruggeddtoast

• Posting Member
I am fairly slim but have wobbly man breasts. Wobbly man breasts I am determined to get rid of,yes.

Thing is I cant feel any hard gland. The flub starts atthe top of my pecs, culminates at the bottom where my nips are and also runs in a band along under my arm pits.

One time I got really skinny and it got a lot better but didnt go,  I still even had  layer of disproportionate fat in that arm pit region then.

If theres no palpable gland and a lot of squidgy does that mean I could just get lipo or lipostabil (which is cheap), or would I be wasting my money?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Post some pics.

From all the experiences of lipo-only surgery that I've seen on these boards, nobody has been happy.  I definitely do not recommend lipo-only.

Again, post some pics and we can see what you're talking about.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While there are those here who make much of the difference between what thy call Gynecomastia (With glandular growth) and Pseudo-Gynecomastia (with only fatty growth).

I will respectfully disagree.  

First, the impact of gynecomastia is not physical, but emotional.  Since the emotional impact is the same, why differentiate?

Second, most often, there is both gland and fat.  

Third, even some very skilled surgeons cannot be sure until the surgery is actually in progress.  not all glandular tissue is of sufficiently different consistancy to be positively identified prior to surgery.

Fourth, if a person has gynecomastia consisting of glandular growth through a pad of fat and the glandular tissue shrinks;  Often it appears that only the pad of fat remains.  The gland did not go away,  it just shrunk and became a smaller percentage of the whole.

Do not limit the surgeons options!  If you truly want to get rid of the breast tissue, the surgeon needs to have options open to them.

Good luck
Grandpa Dan

Offline ruggeddtoast

• Posting Member
I just wish it wasnt all so expensive. I dont even care about what they would have to do in the op.  :(

I have an apt to see a GP next week so theres a tiny chance the NHS may agree to help me with it if I convince them its affecting me enough (im in the uk), though even if they do Id have to jumpt through all their hoops.

Another reason I dont want to go through them is that I donr have a permanent job yet, it would be embarrassing enough to have this on my record when a future employer checks it but if I have this on my nhs record with a bunch of other stuff about how it was making me depressed then that may be theb final nail in the coffin.  I already have a history of depression.

Sigh. Guess this problem is tough for everyone.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 05:36:47 AM by ruggeddtoast »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your depression shows.  

Depression is not uncommon among the young men who post here,  in fact it is more the rule than the exception.

This is odd in that about 2/3 of a men have Gynecomastia at one time or another making the condition more normal than most of us would like to believe.  This also means that we are in the majority.

Work on the attitude, it is much more important than what is on your chest.

Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024