Author Topic: How Long With Bandages?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline gynomore

• Posting Member
OK, I know this question is a good one for the surgeon tomorrow at my post op checkup, but what have your experiences been with how long to keep bandages on after surgery?

Right now I am 2 1/2 days post op and wearing the original bandages with drains.  I am not draining and feeling almost zero pain.  I have been on a fairly normal routine other than this massive gauze halter top I am wearing.

What will happen next?  Do I have to wear this thing for another few weeks?  Do I get passed on to a more comfortable and lower profile compression garment?  When is my next shower?  Will I be able to wear normal clothes by next week and not be obvious?  Can I let it all hang out normal?

What is the next step re: Bandages?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 06:44:20 PM by gynomore »

Offline gynomore

• Posting Member
My doc just told me to go with nothing at all.  It seems to run counter to what I have heard here, but given that my chest looks awesome with almost no swelling or bruising only 3 days post op, who am I to argue?

Seems as if I was the recipient of masterwork!  I am currently wearing just two square band-aid type bandages on my nipples to cover the stitches and drain holes.  Chest looks awesome!  No more moobs!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024