Author Topic: where to start??  (Read 1891 times)

Offline parva-stella

• Posting Member
Hey everyone!! It's really comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this sort of problem.  I've had gyne since puberty and have had enough of it...I want to do something about it.  Based on what I've read, andractim seems to work really well.  This would be my first priority as opposed to surgery.  But, the problem is...I don't know which doctor to go to first.  Should I consult a PS first or an Endo??  Also, I don't want to go to my GP b/c he's in my "circle of friends"...so, I'm really concerned about confidentiality.  Another major issue for me is talking to my parents about it.  I really don't know how to approach them about it...I just can't find the courage to go up to them and tell them.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline Hypo-is-here

First point of call would be a referal to an endocrinologist given you can't see your gp.

Following that I would guess you would be looking at surgery if A) it is warranted and B) you are in the US.

But the best place to start and the person who can help you first and foremenost is an endocrinologist.

If you need help finding them in your area just let me know what your nearest city is and in what state you live and I'll try and get you relevant contact details.

P.S

Andractim does work for some but it does not work for others, so it is hit and miss- also it is not usually prescibed in the US.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 05:48:00 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline nogyne29

• Posting Member
  • headstrong
andractim did not work for me. however, i did not see an Endo. or PS to check my hormone levels. if anything, the andractim made my nipples slightly more puffy. Do not make the mistake that i did. get your hormone levels checked first to see if andractim can be of benefit.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024