Author Topic: Hi I am new to this site  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Danny123

Hello guys.  My name is Danny and I am new to this site.  I have gnyecomastia.  It's weird typing that for the first time.  I am 20 years old and I have been troubled with gnye since I was 12.  Today actually I confronted my biggest fear.  I wrote an email to my parents about how I was feeling inside about having gyne.  Since I got gyne I was too embaressed to shed any even hint at the fact I had it.  I finally did though and what a relief.  My Dad called me as soon as he recieved my email and said he wished I had come to him sooner.  He knew it bothered my but everytime it was brought up I would snap and end the discussion.  We are going to look at my treatment options in the next few days.  I think I have a pretty strong case for surgery, but I want to explore my options.  Thats why I am here, for support and for information.  I have glandular tissue, and for my height 6' I am not overweight 210lbs so from what I have read it looks like surgery.  I wanted to say hi and introduce myself to this site.   

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Welcome to the site!  :)

You are fortunate to have your dad's support.  At 20 if the gyne has been around for a couple of years or more you can be pretty sure it's not going away on its own.  My best advice to you would be to go to an experienced gyne plastic surgeon for a consultation.  You'll find great support and layman's advice here on these boards.  There are a lot of us here who've been right where you are.  Keep us posted and we'll try to help you with your questions.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Welcome to the Site dude!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
congrats on talking with your dad and good for him that he is willing to help you look at your options.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
When you find out about your options, make sure to share them on the board and get some layman's advice.  Good luck, and welcome!

Offline glasgow

• Posting Member
hi i,m also new to the site. Is it possibly to have surgery done on the NHS as i am still studying and there is no way i can afford it??. It has completly ruined my social life and i almost left college because i am so consious about my problem.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024