Author Topic: Failed surgery>?  (Read 3251 times)

Offline right on

• Posting Member
I had lyposuction about 4 weeks ago and I'm not happy with the results at all. My chest seems to be about the same size, but my nipples were moved higher up. My appearance with a shirt on is very similar to before the surgery. At my follow up appointments with the plastic surgeon (last one was about a week ago) I was told that there was still a little swelling and possibly some fluid. I was instructed to wear the compression garment as much as possible, which I already wear day and night. I honestly don't believe I have just a little swelling that will go away in time. How drastic should my results be at this stage? What should I say to my doctor? :-\
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 04:26:27 PM by right on »

Offline outertrial

You need to post some before and after pics so we can see. Generally youre meant to wait 3-6 months before coming to any opinions about what the results are like.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
i think saying 6 months is a myth, or wishful thinking.  i'd say 3 months max.  after 3 for me it was all downhill.  revision in 9 days...

DrBermant

I had lyposuction about 4 weeks ago and I'm not happy with the results at all. My chest seems to be about the same size, but my nipples were moved higher up. My appearance with a shirt on is very similar to before the surgery. At my follow up appointments with the plastic surgeon (last one was about a week ago) I was told that there was still a little swelling and possibly some fluid. I was instructed to wear the compression garment as much as possible, which I already wear day and night. I honestly don't believe I have just a little swelling that will go away in time. How drastic should my results be at this stage? What should I say to my doctor? :-\

4 weeks after surgery is very early with some techniques.

Posting standardized male chest photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evalute both what was wrong and what surgery did.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique which typically has so little bruising and swelling, that taking the vest / shirt compression garment off and showing how the chest looks the day after surgery in a mirror is part of the emotional healing process I bring my patients through.  Seeing the changes even the day after surgery can help.  However, the tissues need time to heal and Compression Garments help with many factors.  Going without anything on can interfere with healing.

Tissues do change over time.  Swelling does evolve over time.  Some small crater deformities will fill in, to a degree.  For other large crater deformities after gynecomastia surgery, the deformity is just too great. Here is another deformity complication after another doctor's agressive liposuction

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline right on

• Posting Member
Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a pic soon so you can better judge my situation. Im 20 yrs old now and weigh in at around 180 lbs. At one point in my early teen years I topped the scales around 280 pounds then later dropped the weight by eating healthier and drinking only water. I also started smoking marijuana and continued to do so for about 4 years. I think the combination of having loose skin and then smoking weed gave me a pretty bad case of gyne. I dropped out of college because I just couldn't deal with the frustrations of warm weather. Shortly after leaving school I had my surgery... Right now I'm feelin pretty bad because I had expected this surgery to change my life in a relatively short period of time, and that sure didnt happen. My buds at school want me to come visit them but I'm dreading going because of how uncomfortable I am in t-shirts (even though they wouldnt make any comments). Well at least it feels good to vent my frustrations. peace

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024