Author Topic: What the heck? Gyne went away, came back... ?  (Read 3538 times)

Offline seelumirun

• Posting Member
I was diagnosed with gynecomastia by my pediatrician when I was a teenager. He said it was a mild case, but that there wasn't really anything I could do about it except surgery. Two and a half years ago I started lifting weights 5 days a week and doing light cardio, and needless to say lost a pretty good amount of fat. My chest firmed and toned significantly, and the gynecomastia -- or the apperance of it, at least -- went away for the most part. I was happy with the way my chest looked, anyway.

Last October I had a recurring pneumothorax -- my left lung kept collapsing -- that had to be operated on. I had a bleb resection and pleural abrasion surgery performed in January. Because my lung first collapsed in October and I didn't fully recover from the surgery until February, I lost significant muscle mass and, because I had to avoid exercise, gained a marginal amount of fat. Worst of all, the gynecomastia returned. I figured it was because I lost all the muscle and didn't worry too much.

Since then, I've returned to working out. I lift 3 days a week on a new program that is apparently clinically proven to provide better results than the 5 day program I was on before, and given the amount of muscle I've put on, I'd say it's true. Here's the problem, though. I'm leaner and stronger than I've ever been, but my nipples are puffy as hell. I really can't believe it. My pecs are stronger than they were before, but they're not bigger by any means, so I can't see the theory that the muscle "pushes" the gland forward being of any relevance. I worked out before, the puffy nipples went away. I work out now, they're even MORE puffy.

What the heck is going on?

Thanks in advance for any support. It's good to know I'm not the only one.

Offline seelumirun

• Posting Member
Bump so maybe an MD can offer any input? Is it possible that any of the medications I was given during my recuperation in intensive care may have caused the original gyne to increase in size?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 07:19:24 PM by seelumirun »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I was diagnosed with gynecomastia by my pediatrician when I was a teenager. He said it was a mild case, but that there wasn't really anything I could do about it except surgery.

Hmmm, that's odd...  Most GP's, Pediatrician's etc, say "It will go away on it's own in year or two... just be patient son..."

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline seelumirun

• Posting Member
Gyne runs in my family. My brother had it, my father had it, my grandfather had it... I guess he didn't have a choice but to not lie to me. lol.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024