Author Topic: Surgery In Mexico?  (Read 10547 times)

Offline ra2day

I live out in Laredo,Texas. My gf works at a gym and recently I heard a friend tell me the owner of the Gym has a contact in Mexico , I'm guessin a Doctor who has done Gyno surgery on him and the manager there, who is a bodybuilder for only $300 bucks. He's giving me the contact number tomorrow. He said the price ranges from 300 to 800 im guessing on the severity .. but Damn I'm Pumped and now remember why I Love living on the Border. I'll let you guys know what's up once I get the contact number.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Great caution is advised.

We have had a few lads over the years that have gone to other countries in order to save money on their surgery. Yes, there have been some happy men as a result. At the same time, I have heard of no-one who had a positive experience that paid such a small fee.

When the quoted price is that far below the normal rates, it should set off all kinds of alarms in your head.

I'll paraphrase something my Grandfather used to say: "If you can't afford to have it done right, When will you be able to afford to have it done over?"
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

Great caution is advised.

We have had a few lads over the years that have gone to other countries in order to save money on their surgery. Yes, there have been some happy men as a result. At the same time, I have heard of no-one who had a positive experience that paid such a small fee.

When the quoted price is that far below the normal rates, it should set off all kinds of alarms in your head.

I'll paraphrase something my Grandfather used to say: "If you can't afford to have it done right, When will you be able to afford to have it done over?"

Well said!  Here is a section I posted on How To Choose a Gynecomastia Surgeon here on this forum:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474

If you cannot find the specifics of how a surgeon's skills are, such surgery is a monster gamble. Unfortunately I have seen just too many disasters from patients trying to "save" money. These Crater Deformity after bad gynecomastia surgery are but a small subset of the badly botched gynecomastia operations I have seen.  Not all such disasters have reconstructive options.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline ra2day

Dr.Bermant Damn, those are pretty bad pics....But I mean, If the guy is a Ex BodyBuilder and is recommending this guy to me..he must have liked his own results. I'm sure even people that pay the normal US dollar range sometimes get that bad surgery done.. I'm gonna be very cautious and see if he has alot of experience or photos to give him credibility..I think me and a friend are meeting up with him monday..Dr.Bermant do you recommend someone to lose fat by working out before getting surgery done?

DrBermant

Dr.Bermant Damn, those are pretty bad pics....But I mean, If the guy is a Ex BodyBuilder and is recommending this guy to me..he must have liked his own results. I'm sure even people that pay the normal US dollar range sometimes get that bad surgery done.. I'm gonna be very cautious and see if he has alot of experience or photos to give him credibility..I think me and a friend are meeting up with him monday..Dr.Bermant do you recommend someone to lose fat by working out before getting surgery done?

Unfortunately, I have also seen patients unhappy after gynecomastia surgery by some of the most famous plastic surgeons of the world. That is why I set up that discussion on how to pick a surgeon. This is a very specific surgical sculpture skill. Just because you may be good at one type of surgery does not make that individual as good at all other operations. Without each of the elements of evaluation, none or few patient examples, limited views for pictures, terrible malpractice records, inadequate training, suspension of medical license, paid patient endorsements can confuse someone who does not perform their work in understanding the risk of picking that particular surgeon. Some of the doctors I have looked at were not even surgeons but radiologists, ER doctors, internists, or no formal residency at all that just called themselves "Plastic Surgeons."

In general weight loss before surgery is better than after. One exception is a patient with a severe crater defect. For this individual, weight loss may mean depleting the resources for reconstruction. Then weight loss is still a variable. We are glad to discuss such issues during our patients' consultations. If you are interested in learning more, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline DorianS

Those prices are suspicious, my friend, I would be very cautious.  Which is not to say that you will not find a good surgeon in Mexico just make sure he is board certified to practice plastic surgery.

http://plasticsurgerymexico.plastica-medica.com.mx

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024