Author Topic: Going to another country for Gynecomatia Surgery  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Hello guys, I am considering Gynecomastia surgery before summer so around easter would be the ideal time to have it as it is 2 and a half weeks of holidays for me.

I am 17 years old college student so i would need atleast 2 weeks off and Easter holidays is the ideal time for surgery.

My family has agreed for the surgery, however now it is time to select a surgeon, i have researched Alex Karidis to be the best guy i could go to and he is quite local only like 40-45 minutes away from me.

However I have also done some decent research on Dr Elliot Jacobs, which he is located in United States of America, and another doctor that i am interested in is Dr JB Ratti which his clinic is located in India New Delhi.

However if i chose to do the surgery in United states or India, how would this work? for example would i be able to book the consultation and surgery on the same day or 1 day after, how many days will i need to stay at that country? i dont want to stay alot btw, when i am back in london how would i go to post op to get checked etc.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
My office receives inquiries from all over the world.  Generally, in response to an inquiry, we will send out information which will outline the info and photos that are needed for my evaluation.  Once the info and photos are received, the patient receives an evaluation and a fee quote.  If those are acceptable,then surgery can be scheduled.  The patient must be seen at least one or more days in advance of the operation so that appropriate confirmatory examination, and then explanation and discussion can be done.

The patient will usually be seen within 1-3 days after surgery and cleared to return home.  Follow up can be done by email, telephone, Skype or a return to the office in person if needed.

This scenario works quite well for most of my patients.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
I had my done in Poland, and I would advise anyone who is travelling for their surgery to give themselves at least a week's recovery after the surgery. Apart from being able to have check ups throughout the week, I would have hated to travel right after the surgery.

If you don't mind my asking, why wouldn't you want to go with Karidis if you can afford it? He seems to have excellent results, and you wouldn't have the nuisance of travelling abroad.

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
I had my done in Poland, and I would advise anyone who is travelling for their surgery to give themselves at least a week's recovery after the surgery. Apart from being able to have check ups throughout the week, I would have hated to travel right after the surgery.

If you don't mind my asking, why wouldn't you want to go with Karidis if you can afford it? He seems to have excellent results, and you wouldn't have the nuisance of travelling abroad.
Because when i compare Alex Karidis to Elliot Jacobs, Elliot Jacobs looks far more experienced and his all over Youtube doing surgery and showing the procedures as Karidis is not that popular over Youtube. Ofcourse this does not mean i would not do it with Karidis but if i am going to get the surgery i want to make sure i go to the best in the world!

And how did your surgery experience in Poland go?

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
My office receives inquiries from all over the world.  Generally, in response to an inquiry, we will send out information which will outline the info and photos that are needed for my evaluation.  Once the info and photos are received, the patient receives an evaluation and a fee quote.  If those are acceptable,then surgery can be scheduled.  The patient must be seen at least one or more days in advance of the operation so that appropriate confirmatory examination, and then explanation and discussion can be done.

The patient will usually be seen within 1-3 days after surgery and cleared to return home.  Follow up can be done by email, telephone, Skype or a return to the office in person if needed.

This scenario works quite well for most of my patients.

Dr Jacobs
Thank's Dr Jacobs for your reply, as i am considering surgery with you and travelling from all the way London is a mission without a doubt, would i need an adult with me to take care? i will be 18 by the surgery date anyway.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member

Because when i compare Alex Karidis to Elliot Jacobs, Elliot Jacobs looks far more experienced and his all over Youtube doing surgery and showing the procedures as Karidis is not that popular over Youtube. Ofcourse this does not mean i would not do it with Karidis but if i am going to get the surgery i want to make sure i go to the best in the world!

I had a very good experience with Poland, and am just waiting for the scar tissue to go down. I'd be careful of using youtube videos as a metric for ability. Have you considered Levick?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
would i need an adult with me to take care? i will be 18 by the surgery date anyway.

It is always better to have an adult companion when traveling to another country and when having surgery.  That being said, if that is impossible, then my office can arrange for nursing care as needed.

Dr Jacobs

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
It sounds like your gut says go with Dr Jacobs than thats what you should do,if you have the money for cost and travel go for it. He has excellent reviews outside of youtube so youtube is a bonus.At least hes confident in his work to post it for all to see via video.

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member

I had a very good experience with Poland, and am just waiting for the scar tissue to go down. I'd be careful of using youtube videos as a metric for ability. Have you considered Levick?
yes I have considered Levick but I just did not like his procedure when doing the Gynecomastia Surgery, and he is quite far from me as I am in London. If you don't mind me asking who was your Surgeon?

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024