Author Topic: THE BIG QUESTION  (Read 2401 times)

Offline robo21

• Posting Member
Long story short, got gyne, puffy nips the usual story. I'm thin no need for lipo etc.

Seeing a surgeon in coming weeks and was wondering just how much gland to remove??

I know I don't wanted a caved chest, but can thinking of nothing worse than the surgeon leaving a little gland to support the nipple and BANG, still a tad puffy!! I have heard of contouring techniques, fat spreading over the chest etc. I just don't think I want any gland left over.

I know there is people out there who have had the surgery so I ask you please let me know.

Just how much gland to remove to get the best results?

Also did your nips go back to normal size and lose the puff, I know they can when they get chilly so just hope that it is permanent after surgery.

Cheers guys.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Pick your surgeon carefully, Then let the surgeon decide. They really want you to be happy with the result.

It would be unwise to set limits or standards for the surgeon. Much wiser would be to make your concerns known and then simply to trust the surgeon.

If too much tissue is removed, a crater is left which would be just as bad as what you have now but in reverse. Trust the surgeon, and follow all post operative instructions to the letter.

How well you follow those post operative instructions has almost as much influence on the final outcome as what the surgeon does in the operating room.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Spleen

Pick your surgeon carefully, Then let the surgeon decide. They really want you to be happy with the result.

It would be unwise to set limits or standards for the surgeon. Much wiser would be to make your concerns known and then simply to trust the surgeon.

If too much tissue is removed, a crater is left which would be just as bad as what you have now but in reverse. Trust the surgeon, and follow all post operative instructions to the letter.

How well you follow those post operative instructions has almost as much influence on the final outcome as what the surgeon does in the operating room.

Exactly right.  How are you gonna know how much gland to remove?  That's the docs job.  Do your homework, ask your doc to see pix of cases that might be similar to yours, then make your decision.  Also, keep your expectations realistic.  There *will* be a scar, thought a good doc can make it virtually invisible.  Your chest may not look *exactly* perfect when the doc is done because, let's face it, it wasn't perfect to begin with and a surgeon has to do the best with what he's got.  I had a great experience and I'd give my results a 9.95 out of 10, but your mileage may vary.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024