Author Topic: If i lose wieght and get thin will it help my 'man boobs'  (Read 7184 times)

Offline BakedBeanz

• Posting Member
Hello ive been on a diet and excersize plan for a while now and have got down to 14 st from 17.5 st (im just under 6ft)
my 'man boobs' havent really got smaller, im still overwieght and plan on losing more wieght untill im thin, i fear my man boobs will stay exactly the same and look even more stupid than they do now, i really couldnt imagine how bad it would look with no belly, i understand that they wont completely go because it dosent work like that i know ill have to have sugery, but i dont want to break my wieght losss routine in witch im doing so well in,if my man boobs go down in proportion to my stomach thatd be good but if not im stopping right now.

P.S I fully understand it will never fully go away without sugery.
Does anyone know where to buy Compression vests from in the UK? please message me.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
First, Congratulations on the weight loss. If I'm doing the math right, 17.5 st = 245lb and 14st = 196lb that is a significant weight loss.

There is not a single correct answer to your question. You should expect at least some shrinkage of the breasts. But, even in men the breasts are a normal place for fatty deposits and it seems that it is one of the first places where fat deposits and one of the last where we lose fat. Sometimes weight loss even to an unhealthy degree does not significantly reduce the size of the breasts. Some guys lose weight and you'd never know their breasts were ever enlarged. Your result should be somewhere in between those two extremes.

All of this aside, weight loss is going to improve your overall health and you should continue. Allow a bit of time to see how much your skin is able to shrink and fit your new size. This may take a year or two before you can be sure of the final result. There are so many variables that a more precise answer is not possible.

Good Luck
Grandpa Dan

Offline BakedBeanz

• Posting Member
Well ive lost the weight so quickly (2-3 months) im age 16 by the way and i fear being skinny and having the same amount of fat around my upper area as i do now

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
In 1990, i went from 230 lbs. (16 stone 6lb) to 148 lbs. (10 stone 8lb). My m(o)(o)bs decreased in size a tad, but were more prominent than when I was at 230 lbs. with a beer belly.

GB
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:01:31 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Following from what bambu says..  don't let it stop you with the weight loss... things sometimes get worse before they get better. Get a job and work as hard as you can whilst training and save up for surgery that you've EARNT through losing all the weight, you'll realise its all worth it in the end.

Offline BakedBeanz

• Posting Member
The surgery is most likely going to be free on the NHS.

Offline BakedBeanz

• Posting Member
In 1990, i went from 230 lbs. (16 stone 6lb) to 148 lbs. (10 stone 8lb). My m(o)(o)bs decreased in size a tad, but were more prominent than when I was at 230 lbs. with a beer belly.

GB
oh dam  >:(

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
It will look a little smaller but once you lose that belly, your moobs are gonna pop out more. When I lost weight, my breasts were more noticable, so I gained the weight back.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline sometimesuk

• Bronze Member
  • EXERCISE MACHINES - PUNISHMENT FOR EATING TOO MUCH
BakedBeanz,

I'am in a similar position to you, although I'm older at 25 and 5ft9

I was 104Kg (229llbs / 16stish) and now I'm 91kg (200lbs / 14st ish). My idea weight I would say is 12st (168lbs), as I remember being 13st when I was 17, thinking I could loose a stone.

My case of gyn, is definitely server and when I was younger (and slimmer) it was noticeable to everyone. Being overweight doesn’t change that, its but you have a big belly for people to notice as well. 

I decided to try and loose weight as I knew it was just ridiculous and unhealthy being overweight. The crunch point came when I put on some much weight, I basically needed to change my whole wardrobe with bigger clothes. 

As you properly have realised yourself, being “lighter” does make you feel better, and personally I’m more confident, even though I would say my “breasts” are more noticeable.

Going back to your original question, based upon my own experience, loosing weight will help to reduce the size of your “breasts” but they may appear to be more noticeable.

Loosing the weight, does on one hand make me angry, especially as I cant wear / clothes don’t fit properly especially round the chest area. If I bought a t-shirt that a normal bloke would wear, my “breasts” just make it looks ridiculous and bring attention to myself, so I buy a size up, which does have the downside of looking baggy.

However, I know that by losing the weight I would be a lot better position to get good results from any potential future surgery.

I’m just looking forward to the time, when I can buy clothes that fit properly.

Don’t give up on loosing weight, keep at it, and once you think your near your ideal weight, go and see the doctor, and try and get surgery on the NHS, if at that point its still bothering you. I’ve read accounts of doctors turning people away, telling them to lose weight, so don’t even give him that opportunity.

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
My experience with weightloss has been successful. Get some muscle on your back, arms, chest and torso. Be a bit easy on the chest - dont wanna focus TOO much on that muscle - but dont ignore it cuz that will be counter productive. focus on legs alot too.

i looked better, gyne was better and i had some more muscle.

In the long term - having less fat and more muscle discourages estrogen production too i'm told.

so for me, it had both short term and long term benefits.

i'm sorry to say but ppl on this forum tend to be too focussed on surgery and dont even talk about weightloss at all - so they may give u pessimistic responses.

having said that, weightloss helps ALOT, its a great start, but if the problem is breast tissue - surgical reduction is the ultimate step. (lose fat first though)

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
I agree. I started working out 2 weeks ago. I weigh 225 now and I'm tryin to get down to 210 if not more. You're right though, lose weight first, then focus on surgery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I’ve read accounts of doctors turning people away, telling them to lose weight.

Ditto...

You know, that's not fair! G is not, for the vast majority of us, a weight related issue. It is a common misconception that if you loose weight, your m(o)(o)bs will vanish also... This just isn't true!

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It will look a little smaller but once you lose that belly, your moobs are gonna pop out more. When I lost weight, my breasts were more noticable, so I gained the weight back.

That is one of the main reasons why so many G guys are obese... I was the same way... :-\

GB

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Yup, that is why I'm hitting up the gym again even though I'm not that fat, I still need to lose some weight. If I lose weight and my dad gets the money from his bank, I'm done with this. I'm so close to surgery, I can almost smell it.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm sorry to say but ppl on this forum tend to be too focussed on surgery and dont even talk about weightloss at all.

That's because weight-loss does not help....  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024