Author Topic: White Nipple  (Read 1830 times)

Offline DieSucka

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

This has been bothering me for a very long time.

I had gyno surgery a few years ago by Dr. Lista. Immediately following the surgery I had one inverted nipple. It was in very rough shape like it had been drastically abused during the surgery. I asked about it and Lista said it was normal and it would re-inflate. It took a while to "reinflate". It eventually did but now the tip is white. It's worse when it's really cold or when it's irritated by rubbing. If I can imagine "the worst", it's almost like Lista clamped the nipple too hard during the procedure and it suffered from lack of blood flow for too long. It behaves like an appendage that suffered frost bite.

It really bothers me because this was a cosmetic surgery and now I'm self conscious when intake off my shirt for a different reason.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is there anything I can do?

Are my suspicions about how it happened probably correct?

Thanks.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Please rest assured that Dr. Lista did not clamp your nipple or directly traumatize it in any way.  We go to great lengths in surgery to minimize trauma and protect the nipple/areola complex during surgery.  Sometimes there are changes in blood flow to tissues during surgery, related to incisions, elevation of tissue, etc.  As a result, sometimes tissue color can change in the long run.  This may be what has happened in your situation.  Be sure to stay in communication with Dr. Lista about this.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline DieSucka

• Posting Member
Ok thanks for your reply Dr. Pope. I will take your advice and contact him again about it. But just to discuss a little further here, is there any point in travelling that far to seehim again? It seems like whatever the cause, the damage is done, no? Can the tissue somehow be reinnervated with vessels?  ???

Offline DieSucka

• Posting Member
Can anyone please tell me if anything can be done about this? Can blood flow be restored?? Dr. Lista is very far from me so if he's just going to say those were the risks and nothing can be done, there's really no point in setting up an appointment. :-(

Maybe I'll write to his office directly..

Thanks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024