Author Topic: Dr Fielding question  (Read 3539 times)

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi,

I would like to know what's the process to follow with Dr Fielding. From what I,ve read, firstyou have to get a consultation with him and you meet for about half an hour? Then you book a surgery date. Then after the surgery what do you do? Do you have to meet him again?

I'm from Quebec City and I don't have the money to go back to Toronto for 3 or 4 post-op consultation.

And if I get a surgery in Toronto, how many days should I stay after the surgery? 2-3 days and would it be OK to travel back to Quebec by train?

I'm asking all this question because before going to Toronto for a consultation I want to be aware of what kind of money it will cost me.

Thanks

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey there G-Man99....

No, you don't have to see Dr. Fielding againg after surgery. JCF 'prefers' to have a 6th day post-op follow up meeting, however you're not 'obligated' to attend.

You can return home on the same day of surgery (always assuming there's no complications). However, returning home the day after surgery would be much better ( just my $0.02  ;) ).

Sure, can't see anything wrong with taking the train home.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hey there G-Man99....

No, you don't have to see Dr. Fielding againg after surgery. JCF 'prefers' to have a 6th day post-op follow up meeting, however you're not 'obligated' to attend.

You can return home on the same day of surgery (always assuming there's no complications). However, returning home the day after surgery would be much better ( just my $0.02  ;) ).

Sure, can't see anything wrong with taking the train home.

John.

Thanks GB.

About complications, can they happen 2 days post-op or is it only a few hours after the operation that you'll see those happenning?

Do you know until what time I can call Dr Fielding office to arrange a consultation? I'm at work and I'll have to get back home before I can call.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Being from out of town, JCF recommended to me that I stay one night at the hospital as most complications (hematom being the most common) would happen with hours of surgery. He said I could ;ly right away.   I'm personally going to stay a couple of days in TO just to safe.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
About complications, can they happen 2 days post-op or is it only a few hours after the operation that you'll see those happenning?

As supaaman mentioned, if you did have a complication, it would prolly be during, or soon after surgery.

Do you know until what time I can call Dr Fielding office to arrange a consultation? I'm at work and I'll have to get back home before I can call.

JCF's office closes at either 4pm or 5pm. Can't recall which now. Sorry....  :-/.
If you get home after 4-5pm, then you'll have to make 'The Call' during your break at work.

John.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:33:42 AM by Bambu »

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hi GMan, i'm taking the train back to Montreal after Surgery and Fielding's assistant told me to book two nights after surgery just to make sure i'm not homless if i need to stay one more night but she doubts its going to be necessary.

so i'm getting in Toronto the night before (august 8th because the train ride is too long for me to arrive on the same day), surgery on the 9th and leaving toronto the 10th or the 11th (very unlikely).

i'll be staying at the hotel on the night of the surgery, unless they tell me not too (i dont like hospitals)

i dont plan on going back for consult after the surgery unless something weird happens (which i doubt).

good luck my friend
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Thanks.

Do you have pictures of your case brebguy? If it's possible I would like to see some post-op pics too if you plan to take somes, I really would like to see some of Fielding work.

Does he have pics available during the consultation???

Apart from Grandpa Bambu, can I find other pics of Fielding works on this board?

Thanks again.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hi G-Man, i never took pics of my "breats". probably because i dont like the idea of seing them too much but also because i lost my camera. i'll try to take some before surgery though just so i can see the difference after surgery and i'll try to post them.

but you are right about that, other than GPB, i have never seen Fielding's work. or maybe i have but without knowing.

anyone ?

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hey,

First step made!

I called this morning and I have a rendez-vous set in mid-october.....that was the first available date. I think 2 and 1/2 months is a bit long but I'll take it. Usually after the consultation does it took a lot of times before you can get the surgery ( a few months I imagine)?

Brebguy, I'll be looking forward to see your pics if you can take some.

Thanks

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey G-Man... i had my consult on june 12 and surgery august 9th. i could have had it july 12 but i asked for august because i'll be on vacation (so i can tell everybody that i'm away for vacation without having to explain anything). I think summer is not a very popular time to get surgery because of the hot weather that makes compression wraps quite uncomfortable. but when it gets cooler like after september or october i'm guessing dates must be a bit harder to get.

have your agenda with you on the day of your consult so you can book surgery right away. keep in mind that surgeries always take place on a wednesday...

i'm looking for a cam to take some pics. or maybe i'll use my phone cam. but i will post some pre op pics in a few days.

take care man!
congrats on making that first step.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
ok so i did find the courage to take the pics. see the "post some post-op Fielding pics" ill try to take post op pics as well.

take care guys

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
I just had surgery with Fielding yesterday. Fantastic experience. I couldnt beleive how comfortable I felt knowing I was about to be operated on. Fielding is the nicest guy around. Not to mention the the drug they put in your IV before your put out. LOL I just took off the bandages today for a quick peak and I think they look fantastic even with the swelling. Today was the first time in years I confidently wore a white shirt! LOL
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline fixme

• Posting Member
Hey GMan,

i flew out from Alberta for my surgery. They'll usually call you with some options for dates, and you can then suss out to see if there is a seat sale during one of the weeks you are offered. Call back and set it all up.

I stayed overnight in the hospital, and then checked out that day, stayed with a buddy the next night, and then went and saw the Doc 2 days after surgery, before flying out home. I havent gone back to see him, cause its too much coin, but you can call him and he'll talk with you.

You just prearrange it all when you are out. Some guys complain about pain, but I had no pain at all, I didnt take any pain medication - none at all. But I dunno, maybe everyone's different. You'll be fine to take the train.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024