Author Topic: why dont most docs offer excision??  (Read 1774 times)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i have done a lot of research over the past few yrs, and every surgeon's website i visit, they mention, lipo can help get the tissue out... how can they say that, when its a well known fact that to get the tissue out, the doc has to excise the tissue ?? docs go thru med school and now the ones that are reputed plastic surgeons, we still have to keep lookin for someone that offers excision?? i went thru a lipo only, and the doc was great! but he didnot take care of the entire problem..!!

why.....HuhHuh?? Sad
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:54:05 PM by fattgayee »
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I wonder if its because some doctors are lazy or scared of screwing up.  ??   :-\

Offline Hypo-is-here

Liposuction is a procedure which is used throughout cosmetic surgery.  A general plastic surgeon will be well versed in this procedure given its general use.  Excision of the areola is more specific to those whose specialize is breat surgery.

Regarding scars, excision does not scar more than liposuction.

Scaring depends upon the surgeon, how good they are, how well versed they are in certain procedures.  It also depends upon the individual and their likelihood to scar and it depends upon any complications.

My surgeon was a consultant breast surgeon who had far greater experience at performing glandular excision than cosmetic liposuction.  I have scars from liposuction but not from excision.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024