Author Topic: how much do consultations cost?  (Read 3077 times)

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member
some dr.'s do it for free, mine cost me 100 canadian and it was deducted from the surgery costs
source of revelation, inspiration, nutrition, relaxation, entertainment, and healing

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
If you are in Ontario, Dr. Fielding don't charge anything as it is covered under OHIP. But if you go to Dr. Lista, I think he do charge the fees which will be deducted, if you go with surgery.

Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you are in Ontario, Dr. Fielding don't charge anything as it is covered under OHIP.

Actually, Dr. Fielding would charge a consult fee but it is not paid by the patient. Like you mentioned, OHIP covers the consult fee....

Also, it is not just Ontarians that are able to take advantage of Health Care coverage. Anyone, with the exception of Quebec residents can have surgery with JCF and have the majority of the surgery cost coverd by their respective provincial Health Care Plan.

John.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 06:07:48 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
from what i know, different surgeons charge different amounts...
most of quebec surgeons will charge you from 50 to 100 $ that will be deducted from the amount or surgery. i went to Fielding and being from Quebec i paid 60$ or 70 $ (dont remember exactly) which were not deducted from surgery cost but did'nt really care the whole thing went really well so... i'm happy so far.
but the consultation fee shouldn't be too much of a problem if you are considering surgery. see it as part of the whole surgery fee. i know to some people it can get pretty expensive. but if you really want it and feel ready for it, its all worth it.

where u from willy27 ?
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you really want it and feel ready for it, its all worth it.

Agreed....  ;)

John.

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
im from toronto, ontario :)

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Willy:

Depends on your doctor. Some do charge consultaion fees some not. Dr. Fielding don't charge anything as it is cover under OHIP. But other private clinic like Lista, do charge fees which are recovered if you book the surgery with him.

Hope this will help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024