Author Topic: swelling equals paranoia for me  (Read 2668 times)

Offline guts345

Hey,

It has been 48 hours since my lipo only gyno surgery was performed.  Pain is not bad at all and I have almost all use of my chest.  There is of course some swelling and bruising from the procedure.  My concern is that my chest still looks the same. My nipples are still puffy and after reading about how lipo only isn't good I have become a little paranoid.  When I went to my ps for the initial appointment he felt my breasts and told me there was no gland and would only need  lipo.  I guess he has done incisions before as well. I was hoping that what I am seeing is just fluid retention and my nips will deflate and it will look like I don't have gyno anymore.  Has anyone on here ever had success with  lipo only?  I guess I am looking for some reassurance.

Offline DR87

• Posting Member
who was your surgeon? i didnt have only lipo but i wouldnt be paranoid if i was you just yet. i was paranoid after I saw my chest post op but when I went for a visit the next week to Dr. Jacobs he said not to be paranoid because the smelling makes everything like bigger. He said it is almost similar to how a swollen ankle makes your ankle look huge.

Offline guts345

Manny Iyer is his name. I guess I will know more when I go for my follow up appointment in 2 weeks.  Thanks for your reply.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Unfortunately, many 'lipo only' procedures produce unacceptable results. As reported by 'lipo only' members of this site.

However, you are only 8 days post-op dude. You've got to give it at least 3-6 months before you even start to contemplate surgery results. Most PS's will tell you it may take up to a full year to see final results...

Hang tight and try not to think about it too much right now or you'll drive yourself crazy...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Manny Iyer is his name.

Does he have a website? I Googled his name but did not come across a dedicated site.

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024