Author Topic: Paranoia about nipple pain  (Read 2708 times)

Offline myman237

• Posting Member
Hi, I had my gyno removed in November. My quality of life has improved drastically. I have felt pain in my left nipple 3 times (ish) in the last week, and am afraid that this means that the gyno is coming back... Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

I am very active, 21 years old 5'9 165 w/ a low body fat percentage, and imagine that my T levels are okay. I don't know what I could be doing wrong!! I have an aromatase inhibitor that I purchased while saving up for surgery that I never used- should I consider opening it?

Offline myman237

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Self treatment is never a good idea -- period.

Sometimes pain or twinges are just a sign of healing.  Other times, it may signal the growth of some scar tissue.  Why not return to your surgeon and ask him what, if anything, is going on?  He would be your best source of information.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline xelnaga13

I agree with the above. You need to get a complete hormone panel done with your endo. Using an aromatase inhibitor prior to your blood work will ruin your chances of getting an accurate reading.

Another possible explanation for the itching is a psychosomatic response. Your worrying may cause you to produce itchiness.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I had my surgery done mid January, and over the last 3 weeks or so, I have felt a dull pain behind both nipples.  In my case, I would have to say it is signalling a growth of scar tissue (as auggested by Dr. Jacobs).  They seem to puff out slightly, and the right one is now a tad bit larger than it used to be.....almost like I have puffy nipples, which I didn't have before.  But, the healing stage is young, so I massage the crap out of them in the meantime.  It hurts to do this at first, but after a few minutes, it's not so bad.  Maybe give that a try?  It could help relieve some discomfort after you are done.  It seems to for me anyhow!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
For my patient, I do not recommend massage 3 weeks after surgery -- it can actually promote more swelling on tissues that are only a few weeks from having had surgery.

Would suggest you contact your own surgeon about the pros and cons of massage so soon after surgery.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024