Author Topic: Consultation  (Read 4337 times)

DeeDubStyle619

I set up mine for tuesday :-\
Should I be embarassed at all?

Offline Emmitsm03

• Bronze Member
mine is june 7... dont be embarrassed man, its time to get this taken care of.

Offline Gamer7

• Posting Member
The doctor you are seeing is likely to see this kind of thing all the time.  Nothing to be embarrassed about at all.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Certainly, a discussion about one's possible gynecomastia should be done in the most professional manner.  Unfortunately, some doctors trivialize the condition and others may even talk down to the patient.

That is one more reason to consult a physician who treats gyne very often -- you will find understanding and sympathy instead of potential ridicule.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Naw dude, no need to feel embarrassed with the PS and/or the staff... They deal with G on a daily basis... They wont laugh at you... It's just another day at the office for them... ;)

However, as Doc J mentioned, some surgeons will talk down to you... If this is the case, look for another PS... My surgeon (Doc Fielding) not once talked down to me and made me feel very at ease... He made an awkward situation, tolerable...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Plastic surgeons who do not treat gynecomastia on a regular basis will often not understand the concerns of the gynecomastia patient.  A general plastic surgeon may feel the problem isn't worth treating and may not understand the impact it has. I can tell you from personal experience, treating patients with mild to moderate gynecomastia is often the most rewarding.  These patients will predictably have excellent results, with minimal downtime, and virtually no scarring.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

DeeDubStyle619

Thank you everyone. Unfortunately my car has been in the shop 2 days longer than expected, and I had to ask my friend for a ride to my consultation thats in one hour. I told him I am applying for medical insurance, and that I have to go to the hospital to fill out the forms and get a physical and stuff. Not sure if that even sounds legit but oh well. Man this has been the hardest week in a longgg time.
 I am laid off, have only about $1000 saved, my tax refund should have been here 2 weeks ago, my car broke, and I am too afraid to finance my procedure without having a job. I would have cancelled my consultation if they didn't charge a $100 fee. Its depressing having to spend thousands that I don't have, on a procedure I can't tell anyone about, just to have flatter nipples. This is ridiculous. I don't think I can even go through with it anymore...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Its depressing having to spend thousands that I don't have, on a procedure I can't tell anyone about, just to have flatter nipples. This is ridiculous.

Isn't it the truth eh!!!   :-\

GB...

DeeDubStyle619

So I had the consultation but I am having mixed feelings about it. When I took my shirt off for the doctor to examine, my nipples were contracted, so they looked perfectly normal. I explained that they are usually puffy, but more so the right one. He felt both sides many times and said that he didnt feel anything at all. He said I looked great and wouldnt recommend spending the $5-$6k. He said I could wait around for them to become puffy, but I didnt see a point.
 I mean contracted or not, shouldn't he have felt something if anything was there? I wish I had a way to post some pictures at their puffiest for you all to decide.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I wish I had a way to post some pictures at their puffiest for you all to decide.

You don't have a digital camera?

GB...

DeeDubStyle619

digital camera was my next investment, but im saving for surgery haha. I have a camera phone, but it doesnt take the best pictures, ill see if I can make that work.

DeeDubStyle619

I know these are not the best pics, but bear with me. Opinions?

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
Don't be embarrassed man, he is a professional and will treat you with great respect, when i had my first consultation i was so scared but he told me he's done the procedure a great number of times, showed me pictures and all that. Go through with it, its worth every penny, its been almost a year since my surgery and all i can say is it was the best decision I've ever made, it changed my life, i am now a happy person!
Surgery booked for July 27th 2009, can't wait!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024