Author Topic: Post Gyno Nightmare  (Read 2474 times)

Offline BFD314

I had breast reduction surgery about two months ago by a breast surgeon, not a PS.  Insurance covered it which is why I chose this route.  Consultation with the surgeon was great.  Dr. said an incision would be made under the nipple (in both sides) and excess tissue would be removed.  1 to 2 weeks recovery.  Really was excited to finally be getting this done.  After surgery, had drain on left side.  Surgeon never came into post op room to discuss surgery.  Scheduled appointment a week later.  Go to office, Dr. removes wrap and takes a look at chest.  My left nipple was dead.  Dr. made incision completely around nipple and incision towards my armpit. Didn't have any idea until Dr. removed all gauze.  Dr. tells me alot more work then anticipated and to schedule an appointment with plastic surgeon regarding my dead left nipple.  Had the drain in for two weeks. To make a long story short, PS completely removed my left nipple and has been healing up until this point.  I guess I'm pissed that I went into the  surgery thinking that I would be enjoying the pool and beach with my shirt off.  Now, have to wait until the fall to have my nipple reconstructed or tattooed. 

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
What a horrible occurrence.  I'm sorry this was your experience, but I'm glad the new surgeon seems to have you on the road to recovery.  Thanks for sharing your story.  I think it's important to keep in mind that surgery for gyno is no small decision. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Reality is that many who have gynecomastia will have surgery. I think that in a more perfect world the condition would be more accepted and surgery would be rare. Obviously we do not live in a very perfect world.

Since the condition is what it is, we should rejoice that surgical methods have come so far and results are so good in most cases.

Sadly we have here a history that makes a point. See a surgeon who is qualified as a cosmetic surgeon and experienced in male breast reduction. The right Doctor from the start might have spared this man some real grief even if the cost was greater.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024