Author Topic: I need some solid advice on options to deal with my Gynecomastia  (Read 7723 times)

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
This is not true my man... If you have m(o)(o)bs that consists of mainly of adipose (fat) tissue, no amount of diet/exercise will get rid of the G... It may get a tad smaller, but the majority will remain...

GB...

Exercise and dieting gets rid of fat, thats common knowledge, hundreds of people tone up and lose all the fat on their chest. Its how your body works, it uses up fat all over your body. I don't understand why you would think otherwise. You must be getting mixed up with glandular tissue which can't be used up by your body. I now first hand that exercise will burn off all the fat on your chest and leave just the gland.

RF...

You find someone trying to correctly educate others 'offensive'? ??? ??? ???

GB...

He just wanted some advice and you had a go at him, here are all the modern terms for gyno, wether you like it or not this are the current definitions for the different types and they clearly make sense:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
This is not true my man... If you have m(o)(o)bs that consists of mainly of adipose (fat) tissue, no amount of diet/exercise will get rid of the G... It may get a tad smaller, but the majority will remain...

GB...

Exercise and dieting gets rid of fat, thats common knowledge, hundreds of people tone up and lose all the fat on their chest. Its how your body works, it uses up fat all over your body. I don't understand why you would think otherwise. You must be getting mixed up with glandular tissue which can't be used up by your body. I now first hand that exercise will burn off all the fat on your chest and leave just the gland.

True... D&E can reduce adipose tissue... However, for many guys with severe cases of G (a large build-up of adipose tissue), they will hit the gym putting in many hours of effort only to come to the realization that those 'efforts' were in vain... The adipose tissue does reduce somewhat, but still remains... as in my case... I thinned out to 148 lbs at 6 feet tall and yet the majority of my chest adipose tissue remained...  :(

I am FULLY aware of the difference between mammary gland and adipose (fatty) tissue. Thanks much!

I have been G-Free for 5 years and 10 months... OOOORAH!!! :D. I've been an active member of this site for over 6 years now, with well over 5000 posts to my credit. I've probably 'read' well over 5x that amount of other members posts... I've seen hundreds of pre-op/post-op pics... and many of those pics were of 'severe cases' who were not obese...

In many cases where the suffer is obese, that obesity is caused by the G itself. Most often during puberty, the sufferer starts to develop 'breasts'. Some go to their GP seeking advice... "Well son, just be patient for a few months and it will go away..." What a crock!!! The poor guy waits, and waits... months/years go by and yet the G does not go away... As a result, the sufferer withdraws himself from his family, peers, school and society in general... He avoids (at all costs) most sports/physical activities (shirts/skins sports at school, pool parties, beach outings, any activity (sex for the older dude) that he will need to remove his shirt, and sports in general) in FEAR that he will be ostracized for his G (whatever the severity is). Does this scenario sound familiar? Anyone? Being 'inactive' leads to weight-gain :o. Hence, many sufferers being obese... It all boils down to the misconception of many non sufferers and sufferers alike, that if a guy has chest adipose tissue, all he has to do is to hit the gym... That just isn't true in many cases...

In your case, you say D&E eliminated your chest adipose tissue... Kudos to you my friend!!! ;)  I have not read of many cases where this has been accomplished...  

RF...

You find someone trying to correctly educate others 'offensive'? ??? ??? ???

GB...

He just wanted some advice and you had a go at him, here are all the modern terms for gyno, wether you like it or not this are the current definitions for the different types and they clearly make sense:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

I was not trying to 'Have a go at him'... I was just trying to set the facts straight... No harm intended dude...

My advice to nutella...  find an experienced G PS that will correct his condition...

That wiki page has many of the facts wrong. As I've said before... CONTRIVED....

Anyways my man... you can BELIEVE what you want, that is your right... but I have the right to SAY what I want... After all, this is a PUBLIC forum...

Cheers!!! ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nutella

• Bronze Member
Let me get this straight "GB": you want me to pretend that my Doctor is giving me a false title and Wikipedia is just wrong based on the fact that you have posted over 5000 posts on a Gynecomastia forum ???? Are you being serious ? Do you really need to feel validated so badly that you would come on some stupid forum and argure about trivial jargan ? Why is it that helpful forums always end up cluttered with the opinions of selfish, ego driven, no-bodies........

My Doctor called it PURE Gynecomastia - and so does Wiki - and so it would appear, on all accounts, that you are full of crap.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you to everyone else who actually tried to offer me some help in this struggle.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Q
Let me get this straight "GB": you want me to pretend that my Doctor is giving me a false title and Wikipedia is just wrong based on the fact that you have posted over 5000 posts on a Gynecomastia forum ???? Are you being serious ? Do you really need to feel validated so badly that you would come on some stupid forum and argure about trivial jargan ? Why is it that helpful forums always end up cluttered with the opinions of selfish, ego driven, no-bodies........

My Doctor called it PURE Gynecomastia - and so does Wiki - and so it would appear, on all accounts, that you are full of crap.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you to everyone else who actually tried to offer me some help in this struggle.

Let me get this straight "NUT" (bwahahaahah I crack myself up!!!  :P), you believe the docs when they say 'Pure Gynecomastia', but you refuse to believe them when they say that the G 'will' go away...  ;D :P ;D  What up... ???

Wikipedia?  Who/What TF are/is Wikipedia... ???  If Wikipedia told you that anyone with G is 'Gay', a 'Queer', a 'Fag', a 'Fruit Cake'.... would you 'believe' it? If Wikipedia told you that G is a 'DISEASE'... would you 'believe' it?

G is not a disease, nor does having the condition, make you a 'QUEER'......... But maybe you would 'believe' such nonsense if it were on 'Wikipedia'....  :P

Hey, if you feel that this is "some stupid forum"... then why are you here spewing your drivel? If you don't like us... then LEAVE...   :P

GB...

Offline nutella

• Bronze Member
I don't like you. Only because you are an old ignorant fool though. Everyone else on this site has been helpful and supportive. Even you have the option to be a decent person but you just choose to be a prick.

My GP  told me that my Gynecomastia would start going down after 2 months. First off, a GP isn't really to be trusted in these types of matters - my GP also was not the person who told me it was PURE GYNO. Secondly, my Gyno DIDN't start going away after two months and so I feel like it was correct of me to NOT listen to my GP..... I went to talk to a surgeon, in Vancouver, who deals with this kind of thing and HE is the person who told me it was PURE Gyno. Your right though: wiki is a poor source when it comes to real information. However, a guy that cuts people open for a living is not. And so you still look like the moron.

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
This line of discussion is SAD. It's Christmas people! You know, "peace on earth, good will towards men," and all that!? Never seen anything like this on the site before. Give it a rest. Stop the name calling and trying to have the last word. Peace to all who 'enter" here and "God bless us everyone!" (with credit to Tiny Tim who said it first!!)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member

Offline theman

• Posting Member
Post Op :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024