Author Topic: Almost 3 weeks Post-op  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Enmend54

• Posting Member
Hey guys im almost 3 weeks post op: 2 weeks 5 days to be exact and a large percentage of the swelling has come down and there is still a tiny tiny bit on each side. My doctor told me as of 4 weeks I'll be ready to exercise, workout, etc. but My chest is still sore honestly and developed some scar tissue that feels hard and my swelling is still not 100%. I know a month is still not enough time to determine full results but does this mean I'm probably gonna have to keep my vest garment on a little bit longer? Any tips on speeding up the process like massaging, diet change to stop the chest soreness?

Offline regularguy

• Posting Member
  • Gyne removed surgically March 2010
hello E

i'm 24 days post op. didn't have much swelling and went back to the gym after 2 weeks. with the compression garment my chest feels pretty ok. the soreness and stretching feeling is natural. after 3 weeks i don't wear them any more and my chest feels tender and clothes can feel like sandpaper on the skin which is real uncomfortable. i reckon after 3 weeks scar tissues are inevitable. i started massaging after about 18 days. slowly. now i use messaging oil and knead the area pretty hard. it's uncomfortable but after that there's a lot of relieve. i reckon what we are going through is part of the healing process. what i read in this forum so far is that we all heal differently and your chest will look different everyday. messaging should really help the tissues at the chest to "glue" back evenly to combat scar tissues.

to be honest, i'd rather be back in my compression vest. i think the tightness beats the soreness and tenderness but i think it's better to let the body heal naturally. the soreness can really make me cranky and not sleep so well.

good luck to us for the healing. yeah, there's a price to pay to look better. be patient and be diligent with the massaging.
 :D

rg

Offline kaka

• Posting Member
I am 15 days post-op and i am still a bit sore and swollen too. My chest was flat as a pancake on day three when i took my vest off. i was a bit disappointed because it look as if I'd lose my chest muscle with the fat after surgery.

Now i can see the muscle coming back?? is this muscle or I'm just swollen?? i think I'm swollen??? Anyway, i plan to start working out when I'm about 3 wks.( Definitely no chest workout for a long time) and also plan to wear my vest for 3 months. Hope this wont hurt anything for wearing it that long??

I also use cocoa butter which i personally mixed with vitamin E gel for my scar and they are working magic..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:46:17 AM by kaka »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024