Author Topic: Pain pills  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Mark7777

• Posting Member
do the pain pills do the trick and take any pain away after the surgery?

hammer

That is what pain pills are for!

Offline puffdaddy69

Don't take too much. It can make you feel pain free and you could hurt yourself. I took them and beat my 97 year old great grandmother with a pork loin. She was always in everyone's business. 

Offline chifer

• Posting Member
Yes, they do.

In my experience, the real "pain" was only in the first 2 days after surgery, probably due to the wounds. After that it rather becomes a kind of muscle ache, then in what feels like oversensitive nipples, and then subsides. Compared to an ear surgery I had several years prior where I took quite a lot of paracetamol post-op, one could hardly speak of "pain" after my gyne surgery. But painkillers are really helpful to ease the transition.

However, I learnt that the most common types of pain medication promote scar tissue generation (especially ibuprofen, but also paracetamol and aspirin) so I have taken metamizole (a.k.a. dipryone) after my gyne surgery instead.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes and no.   With my recent knee replacement I forced myself to endure a certain amount of discomfort so as to get completely off pain killers more quickly.    Well, there is also the fact that I somewhat over-react to opioid drugs and totally weird out.
A little discomfort is not bad, if you are looking to be totally pain free you are dreaming.  Learn to tell the difference between discomfort and real pain.   
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024