Author Topic: Defining "Gender"  (Read 1822 times)

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Hear , hear ….
Then there are those who are hybrids.
Gyne as a teenager , body rights itself,
Then older adult with breasts and not
from meds.
Just like THAT, a ‘hormonal stew’ brews
itself. Welcome to the wonderful world of
genetics and all its mysteries!
Regards, Bob

Offline gotgyne

Self-acceptance and self-expression... gifts that keep on giving ONCE we're able to embrace them.  It really is okay to be exactly who we are.  Those who argue with that are not my friends.
It's a discussion forum, thus I value all opinions, even if I don't share some of them. An example (not forum related): I know a man in his 60s who developed cancer and was offered a therapy with an estrogen to slow down the progression. But the side effect was a pronounced gynecomastia as mentioned in the patient information leaflet. Only for this reason the man refused to take the estrogen and died after only a few months.
I would have taken it, but I value the decision of this man including the shorter life-span.
In the surgery section of this forum I sometimes read the opinion of some members that breasts in a man are an absolutely no-go. It reads "Get surgery but don't wear a bra, this is not manly" and similar comments. I value this although I have another opinion. What I don't like is, if people say "I don't talk to you, since you're left (or right, religious or non religious, a follower of the corona rules or a non follower, and so on). This is division. In politics there is a saying "divide and conquer". 
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline 42CSurprise!

Self-acceptance and self-expression... gifts that keep on giving ONCE we're able to embrace them.  It really is okay to be exactly who we are.  Those who argue with that are not my friends.
It's a discussion forum, thus I value all opinions, even if I don't share some of them. An example (not forum related): I know a man in his 60s who developed cancer and was offered a therapy with an estrogen to slow down the progression. But the side effect was a pronounced gynecomastia as mentioned in the patient information leaflet. Only for this reason the man refused to take the estrogen and died after only a few months.
I would have taken it, but I value the decision of this man including the shorter life-span.
In the surgery section of this forum I sometimes read the opinion of some members that breasts in a man are an absolutely no-go. It reads "Get surgery but don't wear a bra, this is not manly" and similar comments. I value this although I have another opinion. What I don't like is, if people say "I don't talk to you, since you're left (or right, religious or non religious, a follower of the corona rules or a non follower, and so on). This is division. In politics there is a saying "divide and conquer".
I'm not quite sure how your comments relate to the quote from my post but since you included it I assume there is one for you.  Honestly, I have no objection to anything you say.  At the same time, "those who argue with" my determination of who I choose to be, whom I chose to accept, how I choose to express my gender... are not my friends and I'm not inclined to give them the benefit of any doubt.  I certainly won't play rhetorical rugby with them since that is a waste of time.  I learned that long ago.  I welcome folks to do the same with me.

Offline gotgyne

I'm not quite sure how your comments relate to the quote from my post but since you included it I assume there is one for you.  Honestly, I have no objection to anything you say.  At the same time, "those who argue with" my determination of who I choose to be, whom I chose to accept, how I choose to express my gender... are not my friends and I'm not inclined to give them the benefit of any doubt.  I certainly won't play rhetorical rugby with them since that is a waste of time.  I learned that long ago.  I welcome folks to do the same with me.
This is correct, I would handle it in the same way. Obviously I misunderstood this part of your comment. Thank you for the clarification.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024