Author Topic: 9 Days Post Op - Very Worried and Annoyed  (Read 5345 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Holy shyte Dude!    :o

Sorry to hear that you are having post-op probs. That SUX Man!   :-/

What causes the excess fluid build up?

John.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 05:31:20 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Makesmemad,

I had the same problem.  After Fielding drained mine, there was a noticeable improvement but I still wouldn't take my shirt off in public.  It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I got mine drained and it was just until earlier this week that I started to notice the swelling going down.

I have a pool party to go to next Saturday and if the swelling keeps going down at this rate, I'll be ready to jump in.  I put a hot water bottle on it at night when I'm watching t.v.  I've done so for the past week.  If you have a hot water bottle or heating pad, you might want to try placing it on your chest.  Keep your tensor bandage on as well.  

It will go down but it might take a week or two before you start noticing.  Just remember that it's the trauma that caused the swelling and that your gyne hasn't returned.  
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 03:56:08 AM by Blitz »

Offline makesmesad

• Posting Member
The swelling HAS gone down for sure. I still need to be drained again though.

I just really wish the doctors wernt such pricks to be honest -   they have to fucking realize we're human beings, and going to work with a huge 1-breast'd body is alot worse then a two-titted body. im sure the whole 'shoulder surgery' thing only works so far. people dont mention it, but im sure they know and its embarassing.

Oh, on a side note, getting it drained didnt hurt whatsoever. 3 hours later, if you had so much of poked me I would of been charged with murder for what happened next :D

Offline turfpro

• Posting Member
Glad its getting better. Is'nt this why they use drain tubes some times? When I had mine done the lipo was done from under my arms and left open to drain, It drained alot the first 2 nights, I would guess 12-24 oz on each side. And then drained a little bit, like a drip for another couple days before they closed on there own. Sounds like it would have been alot better than just letting the fluid build up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024