Author Topic: Sunlight linked with hormones?  (Read 2382 times)

Okay, so my mum (Who is a doctor herself btw) has always nagged me to open my curtains when im in my room (Which is fairly often) because i always keep them shut. I never really thought anything of what she said until the other week. When she came into the room, as usual she opened the curtains with her usual comments. 'Your hormones wont work proplerly'. I thought nothing of it until she said 'You might become emasculated, we wouldn't want that'. I had no idea what this word meant so i looked it up after she left. There were 2 definitions for the word, to be drained of strength, or to be castrated. I became a little worried (having gynecomastia, i'm always anxious to find out any possible causes, what i did wrong etc) and thought that she had either used the wrong word (in the case of the second definition) or that she meant i would get weak. I didn't really care, and assumed she meant the first. Then, yesterday she came in again and said the same thing, except this time she said 'You might turn into a girl' sarcasticly.
          She obviously wasn't entirely serious, but i suddenly thought. Around the same time as my gynecomastia developed, i used to sit in my room playing video games in the dark. Now, i know that sunlight is involved in production of certain vitamins, and that it effects humans in a fair few ways. What if this effects the production/management of hormones?
          So, could not getting enough sunlight be a possible contributer to gynecomastia? I haven't seen anything on the net, but to be honest - very little is known about the causes.

GynO_DuDe

Dude, work out, lose weight, and get surgery.

Theirs many causes for gyno, and environmental factors are one of them.

'Dude' I've already worked out and lost weight, at 12.5 stone, 6ft and 8% body fat i think i'm doing okay. Fact is that makes no difference. And for someone to tell me that there are many causes is not what i was asking for. Those 'many causes' for the most of them, are unknown. I asked a question to perhaps shed a little light on the subject.

GynO_DuDe

Well what im trying to say is, not even surgeons know the cause of gyno ... they only assume that its a few things.

So if surgeons dont know, what makes you think us sufferers will know, unless all you wanted to do is discuss it and wasn't really after a guaranteed answer.

Fair play with the weight loss. Your only option is surgery now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024