Author Topic: puffy nipples  (Read 5288 times)

Offline micheal_70

Im 16 and i have had puffy nipple for about a year now, and in the last 5 months, they have gotten really bad. Its at the stage where I have to wear a singlet under all my shirts, its THAT bad!

I want to know info about surgery and how much it will cost in AUSTRALIA roughly.

Here are some pictures of them;

14mum

Hi micheal_70

Hope you don't mind a mums response, but my 14 yr son had g surgery 4 months ago and perhaps i can share some Australian info.

Plastic Surgeons in Australia require a 3 month cooling off period before they will operate on a minor and they will want to know that you have had this condition for at least 2 yrs.  You can use this time to get blood tests done and research Plastic Surgeons and about the operations so you will be well informed, this site is a great start!  And may be your body will sort itself out.

Firstly go to a GP and get a referral to a certified plastic surgeon only.  Be prepared that it might take a few doctors before you find one that is willing to refer you to a Plastic Surgeon.  Check out the Australian  site in this forum and they speak highly of Dr Sue T if you are in Melbourne. We went to a Sydney PS who is good, at 4 months you really cannot see the incision marks on my son around the areola.

For cost it helps if you are in a good health insurance so if you are in a hospital over night it will be free.

Even if you are not insured then the hormone tests that the PS will want prior to surgery will be free. If the PS decides that it is not "cosmetic" (as ours did) then your pre and post surgery PS appointments will be free and you will get a lot back from medicare and in our case Medibank Private. We we out of pocket all up $600.00. If the PS decides it is a minor case then you need to be prepared to pay about $4,000.00.

It will work out well to have the op in the cooler months because the bandage will be hot to wear and no one will notice. I think the skin is more elastic and heals better when you are young and healthy also. 

Hope it goes well!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024