Author Topic: How do I know if it's coming back & tamoxifen question  (Read 1862 times)

Offline cowboy100

• Posting Member
it's been around 2 years since my revision and 3 since first surgery ... revision was just for scar tissue. It feels and looks not like there is ether scar tissue or gland under there, how do I know if its coming back or if its scar tissue or both. I likely am getting kenalog soon and am also wondering what will happen if kenalog is injected into remaining or new gland rather then scar tissue. Finally what info does anyone have on tamoxifen, will this reduce/help me out or should I get a hormone test before I order this stuff (I'm worried about delaying getting it if I need to take it now), but dunno what will happen if I take it when I don't need it. Please help thanks 

Offline cowboy100

• Posting Member
I have been posting on this topic like crazy trying to get an answer so this time I will keep it sort so maybe I can get one

I feel that my gyno may be returning and what to stop it in its tracks, I hear this helps 2 main questions. Will it have any negative effects if I actually don't have gyno returning, and will it at all reduce puffy/pointy nipples (revision 2 years ago, seems to be getting puffy/pointy again)

Also can I get this prescribed to save money or do I just get this at a local pharmacy. I was thinking of going in for a hormone test next week.

Offline mediaguy28

• Posting Member
Order Tamoxifen without going to a doctor?? Your kidding me right. This is a very powerful drug primarily used for breast cancer treatment. It is an estrogen antagonist (blocks the action of estrogen).  I think there were some studies on using this for gynecomastia but you would have to take this stuff long term I believe and the results were only marginal. You haven't said how much of your gland was removed. If most of it was taken out, I dont know how much benefit you would even see from taking this. 

You should really see an endocrinologist, discuss your history and get a full blood workup.  This isnt shit that you should be ordering off the internet from a warehouse in Madagascar. These types of drugs have significant side effects that could cause permanent and long term damage.  What good is a better looking chest if you have complete kidney failure. Id go see the doctor or go see the plastic surgeon who did your original procedure. Self diagnosing and treatment on your own is a recipe for disaster.

Offline cowboy100

• Posting Member
Well that was why I was asking if I should be tested first or if it will hurt to just start taking it. But I have read about these drugs, for older men there is not a tone of side effects for if a doctor gives me the green light I think I will give them a whirl. I just really want to know if I keep messaging scar tissue or gyno coming back now cause its hard to tell.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024