Author Topic: POST-OP DAY10 - Dr Tholen -MPLS -Pix included....  (Read 6030 times)

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
K....I'm gonna continue my thread regarding my surgery on this thread, going forward. I've finally taken pix today... unfortunately, I don't have any pre-op photos to go along but i had not so extreme case of gyne (5 on a scale of 10 per my doc).

My surgery experience thread: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16575.0

Here are my pix, i noticed a couple things, right nipple slightly bigger than left and right also has slight swelling on the bottom outside. I am not too worried about it right now as I am still healing and its only been 10 days since my surgery. Hopefully, it will smooth out over time.... Please tell me your opinion and any advice if you see something that I may not have. Thanks again....

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:50:55 AM by minnhelp »

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
Very good results. My left nipple also seems similar to yours.

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Thanks Aperture... I am guessing the left nipple scarring will go away over time and probably also depends on how good you heal etcetra. I was just a little worried about the swelling on the right side but I appreciate your response. Thanks

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I don't know what your gyne looked like before, but your results are fantastic -  you must/should be very happy!

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Thanks Dondante.... Don't get me wrong I am really really happy with the overall results so far but its like a horror movie where you think you've killed jason or freddy or whoever the villian is but he keeps coming bacck and you just can't get rid of it...lol.. there is always a fear in the back of your mind....

As for the before pix, i just refused to acknowledge it, my wife wanted to take a befor pix and i just refused cuz i just did not want to have any traces of it and truly leave it behind as if it never existed. Sad part is that my college days I worked out like crazy and was chissled and ripped with 4% body fat but I was still disgusted with how my chest stick out, bounce, and stay soft no matter how hard i worked out. The feeling of helplessness when you know its out of your hands....... well, no more!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
No more awful sequels, eh? I can totally relate, it's gonna take awhile to get over our post traumatic gyne disorder  ;D. My weight has yo-yo'd over the years from 150 to nearly 200 and back again, and again, and again. Every time I would re-dedicate myself to my weight and health I would think that this would be it, this would be the time I would finally lose that "fat" on my chest. I'd lose weight and look great everywhere else but.

I totally get you not wanting to take before pics, I didn't want to either - the only reason I did was to be able to see the difference. Otherwise, I feel the idea of leaving it behind like it never existed.

Congrats, again, I'm 2 weeks post-op and I'm still not 100% happy with how it's looking for me but I can see and feel that my body still has quite a bit of recovering to do, yet.

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Ok, its 16 days post op and since I haven't posted any updates in a few days, I thought I'll add make an entry.

Nothing much changed since my last update as far as the appearance goes, left side is perfectly contoured and flat and so is the right side but there is slight swelling to the right of my areola which is also I think making my right nipple look slightly expanded as well? Or it could be because the doc made excision around my right areola but on the left side he actually made it right on the areola?
Anyone anyone??? does either of my assumptions make sense???

But honestly, its a very very minor concern as it looks 100 times better than pre-op and I am very satisfied with the results so far..... For all you gyne sufferers, you could probably relate to me on this, hopefully???lol.... when i say this.. I had some time on my hand this past friday n i tried every single t-shirt, shirts etc that I dreamed of putting on but could never ever do that.. and it was such a joy to see that I actually looked freakin normal ...i mean such a satisfaction!!!!! Such a relief... I can actually expand my wardrobe or better yet wear stuff that I could never ever before!!!!!!!!!! what a joy!

In any case, I called the docs office on friday as it was 14 days post ops and doc had told me that I can take off my vest after 2 weeks... I spoke with the nurse who has been working with the doc on my case and she strongly suggested that I should wear the vest whenever i can, whether it be just home when I am hanging out and take it off maybe when going outside if too incovenient. That at this point its up to me whether i want to or not but it will only help with swelling to reduce on my right ride perhaps and with recovery as well.... so i am contemplating whether i put up with for another week or 2.. what do you guys think:? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, Does anyone think I can get away without the vest and go with Under Armour shirts or atleast maybe part of the day, say when I am at work and such?

By the way, I feel like I have my range of motion all back and i feel a tiny bit sore at certain angles when i stretch my hand or put pressure on my chest muscles but taht could be because of lack of mobility and being confined vest for 2 weeks too. Its now easy to get in and out of shirts and t-shirts before.... I am hoping to go back to gym on monday (17 days post-op) and atleast ride the bike without elavating my heart rate too much and to some lower body light stretching and workout for next couple weeks and go from there....

I can't thanks this forum enough times to say that this place has given me courage and allowed me access to gain knowledge from all of your experiences and doctors inputs.

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Ok ...these are pictures at exactly 3 week post-op. I am very happy with my progress... I can start to feel the scar tissues underneath but they haven't surfaced to cause any noticeable bumps or deformity.

I still have little of swelling on my right side and possibly its making my nipple look bigger compared to left but I aint complaining...

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Well, I've moved on with my life post my gyne surgery and haven't looked back since then..... And that was about almost year and a half ago.... life has been treating me good; I can't describe in words how liberating the experience has been and what it has done for me. For anyone looking for encouragement and looking for the light or ray of hope at the end of the tunnel, hopefully my experience will be that for them...... Here is my pix 17 months post surgery and I couldn't be any happier... Hope this helps and encourages everyone who is considering or going through the experience so many of us here on this board have went through....

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 01:00:34 AM by minnhelp »

Offline payberbred

• Posting Member
Well, I've moved on with my life post my gyne surgery and haven't looked back since then..... And that was about almost year and a half ago.... life has been treating me good; I can't describe in words how liberating the experience has been and what it has done for me. For anyone looking for encouragement and looking for the light or ray of hope at the end of the tunnel, hopefully my experience will be that for them...... Here is my pix 17 months post surgery and I couldn't be any happier... Hope this helps and encourages everyone who is considering or going through the experience so many of us here on this board have went through....

looking good mate! this really inspired me to be really optimistic.. i'm 2 months post op in july 6 and i guess still in the healing stage.. i'm still wearing the post surgical vest for a better scar tissue evolution.. i'm excited to hit the gym next week as well.. one question though, how long did you have to wear the vest?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024