Author Topic: 19 month post-op with pic.  (Read 1563 times)

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Hey everyone,  its been a long time since I've been on this site that changed my life.  Until I discovered it I hadn't heard of the term gynecomastia or what it was.  Finding it was a huge eye opener to what I needed to do in order to be truly happy with myself and my appearance.  Thanks to everyone for all of the great information and advice!
I've included below one final pic before I close this chapter of my life. I was very happy following my surgery but I noticed early on that I had scar tissue on both sides, but worse on my left.  I decided to give it some time and massage.  After the 6th month I hadn't seen much improvement, so like most of you I was back on this site researching and asking questions.  When all was said and done I decided to just live with it, rather than get cortisone injections.  I've heard great things about injections but I thought that my appearance was 100 times better than what I had been living with for almost 15 years.   I'm now at 19 months and my scar tissue has almost disappeared and all it took was time.  We all heal differently,  so my advice to you is to not get too discouraged following surgery.  Try to avoid the mirrors if at all possible (easier said than done I know lol).  And obviously do your research and find a great experienced surgeon.    Thanks and I wish everyone the best.  I'll keep checking over the next few days just in case you have any questions I would be happy to answer :)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Thanks for your post.
I think it is important for everyone to realize that the healing is very individual and it takes time and Mother Nature has an important role in the process.  All too often, guys will look at themselves days/weeks or months after surgery and begin to complain about the results.  As I say to my patients, "the mirror can be your friend or your enemy."
Bottom line is to keep your chin up, be in open communication with your surgeon, be positive and be patient.
And to srnd2012 -- I do hope you will be in touch with the forum from time to time in order to help the guys who still suffer with gyne.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Thank you Dr Jacobs for your response and advice!
I will stay in touch for sure. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024