Author Topic: Need advice from anybody  (Read 4194 times)

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
Im working full time (I plan on taking a leave of absense when i go to get surgery)and  im currently taking a computer course  which ends 9/17/07.  I looked up a ps online and he has some pretty good pics  Im leaning towards going in his direction. I havent visted his office yet, should I do that now or should I wait until after 9/17  to  go to his office. I guess what im asking is how long does a person  usually  have wait to get operated on  once they have visted  the ps and got the ok from him?

Offline flex1appeal

Yeah, you typically can choose a date. He will tell you what's available on his schedule after your consultation and you can choose. Usually, most do it 2 weeks to a month following their consultation. So, it won't hurt to see him now. You can get the consult out of the way and even schedule in advance when you'd like to see him. If you waited until the 17th of september, he may not have availability for another month after that or longer. That's the chance you take by waiting. So, if you are wanting to maybe have surgery closer to the 17th, I'd suggest go now and start scheduling.

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
Thanks for the advice guys Im calling his office Monday

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
took me a month to get a date after the consult and 2 weeks to get a consult ...pses can be booked far ahead in many cases so better to go early as others suggested. also gives you a chance to choose a good time and day

choose a friday so u get the 2 wknd days to get over the worst part of the post op...i was able to get back to work on tue...

choose the earliest possible time on friday so you dont have to go hungry/thirsty for long time on the op day. Of course this is important based on what type of anasthesia you have.

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
took me a month to get a date after the consult and 2 weeks to get a consult ...pses can be booked far ahead in many cases so better to go early as others suggested. also gives you a chance to choose a good time and day

choose a friday so u get the 2 wknd days to get over the worst part of the post op...i was able to get back to work on tue...

choose the earliest possible time on friday so you dont have to go hungry/thirsty for long time on the op day. Of course this is important based on what type of anasthesia you have.

Most guys says it takes like 2 weeks or even a month to recover it only took you 3 days thats pretty good man. What type  of food should I eat after  the op when I get home?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Most guys says it takes like 2 weeks or even a month to recover it only took you 3 days thats pretty good man.

Guy, at 3 days in, you've barley begun to heal... At 3 days in, you could possibly return to work, but don't count on it though as we all heal differently. Also, expect not to be fully healed anywheres from 3 months to a full year...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
by healed I mean after 3 days you dont feel totally screwed and can probably go for a walk in the neighborhood and eat somewhat normally...and hopefully have drains out and take a decent shower....so you feel better. but u still will need painkillers etc at lower freq.

by no way does it mean you are back to where you were preop...I am at two weeks now and there is still numbness, swelling etc and all I can do is some treadmill in the gym....3 days was the point I didnt feel like a hospital patient anymore.

my job involves computers so its possible to be back (with discomfort) on a desk job but this may not be possible depending on how far ur workplace is and whether you need to drive etc....

so by "healing" I just meant the point where you feel you can get out of the house, go to the grocery store or drive and nothing more.:)

re. food I had some rice and veggies night of the op but the gen anasthesia will make you throw up eventually and i felt relief after that was done. If you have local with IV sedation, the nausea will probably be better or not there? but I dont know about that.

Offline Anonymous_Man

• Posting Member
I work in a factory.  12 hours a day.  2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off.  How long should I plan for missing work?  It can be physical.  Surely that would be more than 3 days?  Or not?

Offline flex1appeal

I was working 2 days later but I answer phones and type on a computer mainly. No lifting. I was not in any pain after day 2. Was in mild discomfort but it was easily managable. No one even noticed a thing at work. LOL.

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
I work in a factory.  12 hours a day.  2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off.  How long should I plan for missing work?  It can be physical.  Surely that would be more than 3 days?  Or not?

I would guess at the very least 2 weeks. If you really have to lift more than 15-20 pounds then probably 3 weeks. I am at 2 weeks and I think things are still tender to do any lifting. It would depend on how much your chest muscles are involved at work and whether you can adjust your movements/working positions to use only the bicep and forearm.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024