Author Topic: Got a rash from surgical glue on bandages ...  (Read 6605 times)

GynO_DuDe

As above, after removing the bandages I had I got a rash on the side of my body leading to under my armpit from the glue ... had a couple of blisters as well! Was a nasty site ...

Im using Sudocrem and have dressed it up and then put a t-shirt on and ontop of the t-shirt ive put on my compression vest.

From my experience of rash's (ive suffered from eczema when I was young) im sure being topless, and letting the rash dry without covering it etc is the best way to let it heal ...

But I cant do that, as I need to wear my compression vest etc.

Can any one recommend me a cream that will work? (sudocrem kind of works I think, its just the 2nd time ive applied it so i'll re-open the dressing in the weekend, have a shower and then re-apply the cream).

GynO_DuDe

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,8149.0.html

Just found that thread ...

Ive been having arnica every 4 hours (well 2 pillules) ... reading that thread it mentions it causes hyper-sensitivity on your skin which is what im going through at the moment.

Should I throw the arnica in the bin?? As I got a feeling thats the cause.

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
ive been taking arnica with no problems.

I,ve been told to put on this 3M Ioban 2 surgical tape on the lower part of the chest for compression purposes...its a pain to remove but I didnt get a rash.

I would guess the rash is more from the bandage adhesive than arnica...can u change the type of surgical bandge being used

GynO_DuDe

Well im wearing a compression vest now and a much better dressing for the rash.

Basically going to shower, reapply sudocrem on the rash (if its still their, as I havent checked) and then wear a vest type bandage that I got myself ... so no more sticky tape to make contact with any of my skin. And then wear a t-shirt and compression vest on top.

GynO_DuDe

Just had my first shower after the operation ...

It felt like I was in heaven!!!!!! Just bandaged myself up again as well, the rash seems to be healing. I popped 2 blisters lol, Ill check again on Sunday when I have another shower.

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
could you tell me what the vest type bandage is..is it like an ACE bandage and is it available in normal pharmacies like CVS? Yes the sticky thing is really horrible to remove...they should invent something to make it easier...i tried rubbing alcohol and acetone (nailpolish remover) but it didnt help much in removing the bandage

the first shower is the turning point in feeling better!

GynO_DuDe

All the blisters n rash have turned in to scabs ... Its like ive fallen of a bike and scraped the sides of my body on the concrete or something and now their all scabbed up healing ...

Im just glad its healing, last week I was in pure agony because they stang so much.

I have no idea what bandages they are. Ask Mr Levick.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

E45 do a rash cream, and also a Hydrocortisone cream both can be bought easily and will sort out the rash quickly.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member

Make sure to use 3M Transpore tape. Its adhesive will not cause burn on the skin or rashes and is easy to remove. Most hospitals use this type also so why not us?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024