Author Topic: What type of shirts to wear post op?  (Read 3079 times)

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
What type of shirts should I  be wearing post op while Im healing and  what else should I  have like medicine and things like that during post op? Any repiles are appreciated.

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
anything a lil baggy
i am 10 days post op and i have been wearing dark colours that are baggy and it looks perfectly flat and peopel dont even know the vest is on  :P

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
if u dont have drains or after they are removed u can pretty much wear normal clothes. My size went down from XL to L so I enjoyed wearing a bunch of new clothes post op even with the comp vest on. The white underworks post op vest is really thin material and not noticeable underneath. Even the ab binder type vest is not noticeable unless u wear really tight t-shirts. Anything that is not white or really thin cotton will hide the vest.

preferably something which buttons up and not too tight so you dont have to lift up ur arms too much or struggle to get into it.

if u have drains etc darker one size larger shirts are good.

I took arnica and bromelain for bruise healing. My healing is going well but not sure how much those helped. Buy tylenol pain killer as well. Get some dvds/books as u will be bored lying on ur back the first couple of days postop:)

DrBermant

What type of shirts should I  be wearing post op while Im healing and  what else should I  have like medicine and things like that during post op? Any repiles are appreciated.

My patients typically wear button down shirts right after surgery since they do not require raising arms overhead.  Once that is not an issue, normal clothing works well for almost all.

I prefer to individualize the scar care for each of my patients. Timing, choice of garment(s), scar treatments are part of what we help each of our patients better understand as part of their surgical sculpture.  Choice of surgeon involves patient education, skill during surgery, and aftercare.  A wrong recommendation for aftercare can really make a mess of an operation.

I typically usea compression vest after gynecomastia surgery for many reasons explained on that link.  I use first stage compression, to protect tissues.  Second stage protection is for scars.  I also use  compression for my Tumescent Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty surgery.  Surgical technique is a major factor in Tummy Tucks.  Scars that heal under pressure typically do better than scars without pressure.

Scar Care Creams and Sheets come in many different forms.  Such issues are better discussed with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
i didnt wear anything just the plasters on my 2 sides

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024