Author Topic: Need help Dr. Bermant....  (Read 7752 times)

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
Hello Dr. Bermant,

I am 36 days post op now. I went thru ur website and and saw this written "EVOLUTION OF SHAPE DEPENDS ON THE STRESSES PLACED ON HEALING TISSUES" Could you pls explain what this means.

Does gettin hurt in the chest area change the final outcome of the shape of the chest or make it worse . Can the shape of the chest get altered during the healing process if a person gets hit in the area? I understand the healing will take more time but the risk of gettin the chest altered/worse as a final outcome is makin me worried.

I have been hit in the collar area 30 days post op , but did not feel any pain in the chest area nor in the collar area. It was probably not that hard.

Would appreciate ur help Dr. Bermant

Thx

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I think the good doctor comments on that in another thread.  Something about any type of trama can effect healing.  I'll try to find it for you.  Maybe he'll beat me to it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 08:01:35 AM by jc71 »

DrBermant

Hello Dr. Bermant,

I am 36 days post op now. I went thru ur website and and saw this written "EVOLUTION OF SHAPE DEPENDS ON THE STRESSES PLACED ON HEALING TISSUES" Could you pls explain what this means.

Does gettin hurt in the chest area change the final outcome of the shape of the chest or make it worse . Can the shape of the chest get altered during the healing process if a person gets hit in the area? I understand the healing will take more time but the risk of gettin the chest altered/worse as a final outcome is makin me worried.

I have been hit in the collar area 30 days post op , but did not feel any pain in the chest area nor in the collar area. It was probably not that hard.

Would appreciate ur help Dr. Bermant

Thx

That quote comes from this page about tissue evolution after surgery.  Pressure therapy such as that applied by a compression garment can help healing tissues.  Scars that evolve under some pressure tend to be softer than scars without.

Healing tissues are weaker than undamaged tissues.  It can take less trauma to disrupt healing tissues.  Such issues are best discussed with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hi Doctor B.-

When you say that-
"EVOLUTION OF SHAPE DEPENDS ON THE STRESSES PLACED ON HEALING TISSUES" .. Is that contra-indicated by one massaging the nipples and surrounding tissue/scars a couple or so weeks post-surgery >?

How much stress to the tissue  is too much?

many thanks
Tony
... and the saga continues

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

DrBermant

Hi Doctor B.-

When you say that-
"EVOLUTION OF SHAPE DEPENDS ON THE STRESSES PLACED ON HEALING TISSUES" .. Is that contra-indicated by one massaging the nipples and surrounding tissue/scars a couple or so weeks post-surgery >?

How much stress to the tissue  is too much?

many thanks
Tony

These are questions best addressed to your surgeon.  I prefer to individualize the after surgery scar care for each of my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Thanks Dr B.

I'm just worried about starting massage treatment too early, and placing too much stress on the healing tissues/

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

Hmm I felt some hardening yesterday so massaged it away but I'm only 8 days post op... should I leave this hardening to develop ?

when I say massaged .. It was a very gentle one, kind of as hard as you'd rub a dog behind the ear .. rather than a good hard massage, as the area is still painfull, I just kinda freaked a bit when I felt it all lumpy and hardening after about 10 minutes it softend and disipated a bit.. altho now I'm thinking it could have been natural healing going on and not scar tissue forming .  :-/

Should I leave this well alone for a a few weeks ?
sorted by the "levickmeister" april 14th 2005
pics here
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN2jdw0ctHDiY

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024