Author Topic: 10 days post op, gyne coming back?  (Read 5631 times)

Offline tony88

• Posting Member
Hello, I had lipo only surgery to a mild case of gyne.  2 days following surgery I took off my compression vest to have a shower and noticed great results, my chest was perfectly flat.  But now, at day 10 it looks pretty much exactly the same as it did pre-op.  I have no pain or even discomfort, can't see any visible bruising, just seems to look just the way it was originally.  Is this swelling or?  I'm not really sure what to think.  I'm 5'10", 167lbs, 21 years of age and the doctor removed 250cc total, which he said was not alot if I were obese but since I'm pretty slender I should see a good result.. anyone?

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
most likely scar tissue.  I also looked perfect when forst removing my vest, but at about 14 days, one side started to puff out a little bit.m  As time went by it started getting a bit bigger.  Im 3 months post op now and it seems the tissue has reached its peak and starting to breakdown and get better.  This will ofcourse take time.  I had a follow up app with my surgeon last week who confirmed it was scar tissue and we set up an appointment for kenalog shots in march if it's still there.  It will probably be almost gone by then, i hopefully the shots wont be neccessary.

10 days is still very early to expect final results.  I can take anywhere between 3 months - 1 year to see final results.

Offline tony88

• Posting Member
I see.  Anything I can look or feel for to determine if it is in fact scar tissue?  I've read of other people having a feeling of a lump or hardness but to me it just feels like it did pre-op- just fat.  Could that still be scar tissue?

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
I am in about the same situation as you and believe it is fluid. Does yours "swish" (for lack of a better description) when you walk? Mine does, so I believe it is just fluid/swelling.

Offline tony88

• Posting Member
Initially I thought I heard the sound of fluid or water "swish" if I pressed on the chest but now there is no sound.  Just feels like it did pre-op.

Offline tony88

• Posting Member
anyone?  does this seem normal?

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Mine has started to turn into "lumps" of scar tissue...almost feels like how a mosquito bite feels except under the skin...if that makes any sense.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Scar tissue will happen.  I only have it on one side and that was the side that took longer during the surgery, so not too surprising.  It's not a big deal to me, but it's there.  I know it's not gyno since I never had a tough texture under my nipple such as this.

It takes a while to go away, but it will go away.

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
My chest was perfectly flat a few days after surgery and it seems I have developed some scar tissue as well. It appears to be almost exactly where my drainge tubes were. I have faith that it will eventually subside, but regardless it still looks 1000X better than it did pre-op

Offline tony88

• Posting Member
hello everyone.  i had lipo done on my "idio-pathic" gyne 8 weeks ago.  my chest looks exactly like it did pre-op- is this normal?  immediately after and even a few days after the operation i had fantastic results but now i look like i did before i went in for the procedure...

Offline Geoffram

• Posting Member
From what I've heard - yes it's normal, particularly if yours was a mild case to begin with. The surgery causes internal trauma that results in scar tissue; you will feel this as hard lumps. The scar tissue inhibits your lymphatic system's ability to drain fluid from the area causing additional swelling. Over the course of six months to a year the scar tissue breaks down and the area is eventually drained properly, leaving you with results that look more or less like what you saw immediately after the surgery. You can help beak down the scar tissue more quickly by massaging the hard lumps firmly, and can reduce the swelling with a topical arnica gel/cream.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024