Author Topic: gynecomastia on channel 4  (Read 7078 times)

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Yeah they didn't dwell much on the facts about glandular problems, which in essence is what 90% of gyne is all about. In fact it only showed Abdul getting lipo and no gland excision! Plus there was a teenage boy who quite obviously had gyne and the doc just said it would go away with maturity as his hormones settled down. Most likely, but this is certainly not always the case. Look at me and a load of other guys on here! I'm sure we would argue against that prognosis. Still at least it has raised awareness of the problem if nothing else.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
Blue2 alot of guys have puffy nipples as teenagers and for most it does go away, but for us it just stays, and grows...and grows. How did that doctor know it was going to go away with him, it might not, and he's gonna be really pissed off if it doesn't.

I wasn't very satisfied with that feature because it just showed a guy with mild gyne going through lipo. He was awake throughout the whole procedure and it took 2 hours! For most it seems to take up to one hour. I wasn't that impressed with his results but he seemed very happy. I'm just wondering if that West London clinic, where he had the op is a private or NHS hospital?

nomis50, so are you keeping your moobs or going private?

Guys ,there's some interesting responses on their website, which you can read here. 
http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/conditions/gynaecomastia

One guy mentioned that he had the op in the NHS and he's left with a horrible scar and another with one side bigger than the other. This just really puts me off having it on the NHS. There's a guy who's a nurse who's so embarassed by his man-boobs that he's never taken his top off in front of the others. But I thought if you wear scrubs or a male nurse's uniform, people can still tell if you have moobs. In my experience there are certain jobs you simply cannot take if you have moobs (any job where you have to wear a T-shirt).
Someone should direct them to this board.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
there will be an episode of "embarrassing bodies" dedicated to gynecomastia. what are everyones thoughts on this?

Just been in the gym today and a couple of the guys had seen the show opinion was split between further understanding and just still believing exercise could solve the problem. I had been down to a very low body fat level 5% (measured using a bod pod which is air displacement measurement) and I still had man boobs 16 Weeks to get down that far and still not gone.

I suppose the point is some people will never grasp the problem no matter how 'educated' they become
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline kingboob

Did anyone else think the program was a bit crap?   Not really going into depth on any issues.... shame really, could have been a really informative show.

GynO_DuDe

Found youtube videos more useful ...

I personally found it crap ... and wasn't expecting to see a million guys d!cks on TV ... watching the Gynecomastia was the easiest part, some of the problems showed on that program was truly disgusting.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I looked on the Ch. 4 Site and couldn't find the vid...  :(

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024