Author Topic: Anyone have a burning sensation post op ??  (Read 3807 times)

Offline gyne23

• Posting Member
Nothing serious or anything in terms of pain, however, I'm roughly 4 weeks post op and I'm at the stage where I don't have to wear the vest while sleeping, but just for the next couple of weeks while awake.

I just began the massaging process today on my chest.. However, when I woke up this morning, my left side had this burning type of sensation, again, it didn't hurt or anything and was not a server sensation, but it was noticeable..

When I was massaging it I didn't really feel any after affects, but again earlier this evening the sensation started to resurface ??

It's not a topical burn in terms of a rash or irritation on the surface, but more so under the skin by the scar tissue...

Anyone else have this before ??
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:31:08 PM by gyne23 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are a variety of sensations which could occur at the location of an incision.

Burning and/or itching are most common. Numbness is also not uncommon.

Usually it will pass with time. Be patient. Contact your Dr. about it if it continues.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 07:15:31 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
One of the docs on board said that the 'burning' sensation is the nerves firing back up...  It's quite normal... I had it also...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
hmm let's extend our academic discussion, then GP when someone has anal sex, why they have a burning sensation? the nerves are firing back up? same procedure?

What is this freak going on about?

Anyway, to answer the original question, I can't say i've felt any burning.  But I have occasionally felt some tingling in the nipple area post op.  I just assumed it was the nerves and so forth reconnecting.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

hmm let's extend our academic discussion, then GP when someone has anal sex, why they have a burning sensation? the nerves are firing back up? same procedure?

What is this freak going on about?

Camden must be smoking some cheap crack...  ;)   Ya gotta get off that stuff dude.... :P

Anyway, to answer the original question, I can't say i've felt any burning.  But I have occasionally felt some tingling in the nipple area post op.  I just assumed it was the nerves and so forth reconnecting.

Yeah, a burning/tingling sensation....

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024