Author Topic: Dr Benito  (Read 7158 times)

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone had an e-mail address for dr benito in spain? I was told to go jump by the NHS nd wanted to get the surgery done privately. I was going to get a bank loan for the surgery but can only really afford the repayments for about £3000. Just wanted to know if the consultation is done while your there and then surgery next day etc or whether you need to make 2 trips out there for the consultation and the surgery. Any help would be appreciated inc figures/ total costs others have paid.
Cheers Guys
Rob

belfastmale

you have your consultation in London,then you get the surgery in Barcelona. I have my consultation next friday. The price is £2700 then the price of your flights to barcelona

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
Thanks Mate. all the best with the consultation. Have u had to wait long for it?

irish lad

check my diary out its somewhere on the uk board..im only back from consultation a few weeks and have my op 6th june with benito it might help you

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
Thanks irish lad. Last question (honest lol). How do i go about making an appointment for a consultation with benito?

irish lad

no hassle wasnt too long ago i was in your postion! :D ask as many questions as you like most people will be more than happy to help you thats why so many people stick around even after they had their surgery!

back to your question the number is Phone: 020 7224 1010 be sure to put in area codes etc if you have diffuculty getting through.. the website is
http://www.cosmeticsurgeryabroad.org/index6.htm..

good luck with it all ;)

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
I had surgery with Dr. Benito back in February, hope all goes well for everyone. I'm very happy with my results although I still have quite a bit of scar tissue. Take a spanish dictionary with you as the nurses speak very little English, they kept coming in to me during the night after surgery and asking me if I needed a pee pee which is about the only thing I understood them say in the 48 hours I was there. The aftercare is really good, regular doses of antibiotics and painkillers etc during the night and blood pressure/heart rate tests (you won't get much sleep). You also get a thorough medical beforehand in the hospital so expect blood tests and an ECG when you get there before surgery. My advice is lead a very healthy lifestyle the 2 weeks before surgery and at least a month after. Dr. Benito told me that the Spanish guys generally heal a lot faster because they don't drink as much alcohol! They give you morphine or something when you're waiting for the surgery, it's very relaxing! I can assure you it's worth every penny at the cost it is to get it done!

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
Thanks guys. Will keep u posted for sure on any progress i make with it all.
Rob

Offline outertrial

I had surgery with Dr. Benito back in February, hope all goes well for everyone. I'm very happy with my results although I still have quite a bit of scar tissue. Take a spanish dictionary with you as the nurses speak very little English, they kept coming in to me during the night after surgery and asking me if I needed a pee pee which is about the only thing I understood them say in the 48 hours I was there. The aftercare is really good, regular doses of antibiotics and painkillers etc during the night and blood pressure/heart rate tests (you won't get much sleep). You also get a thorough medical beforehand in the hospital so expect blood tests and an ECG when you get there before surgery. My advice is lead a very healthy lifestyle the 2 weeks before surgery and at least a month after. Dr. Benito told me that the Spanish guys generally heal a lot faster because they don't drink as much alcohol! They give you morphine or something when you're waiting for the surgery, it's very relaxing! I can assure you it's worth every penny at the cost it is to get it done!

Yes pee pee, thats what they say! The nurses were so nice though I felt really well looked after. Incidentally I found it really hard to pee pee in the bed, as soon as I was able I got up and dragged my drips over to the loo. My wife was shocked b/c of all the tubes coming out of me.

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
so they fit you up with tubes so you can pee.......do you just wake up from the surgery with everything attached?
10 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline outertrial

Um no, theyre not pee tubes bro - the tubes put the fluid into you. Yoiu're responsible for getting it out again!

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
Hey guys, received an e-mail today from benito stating that i had either the option of going for a consultation in london on 27th june, or if i preferred i could send 2pics to benito that he will reply to and then book the op directly through him with a consultation the day before surgery at the hospital in spain
Anyone else opted for the later?
Any sugestions as to which would be better?
Fair play their bloody quick getting back to u arnt they.
Cheers
Rob

Offline outertrial

It depends entirely on you and how you feel about having the operation. If you're happy to go to Spain, consult and op the next day then go for it. But only if you're 100% sure that if you hear something you dont like in the consultation in Spain that would have put you off in the consultation in London you'll back out.

If you're not in a mad rush and are feeling cautious then the London consultation would give you a bit of breathing space.

I'd give this same advice for any surgeon even though (obviously) I highly recommend Dr Benito. However when I got on the plane to go to Barcelona I was leaving having met the man who would operate on me personally, and feeling 100% sure he was the best of the three surgeons I'd spoken to.

It doesnt bother some people, either way I'm sure itll be fine - just depends on your stress levels.

irish lad

exactly i felt that way after speaken to benito.. he said no matter what id have a flat chest after the op no matter what excission i chose... that for me was enough... id also recommend going to london!! my op is just under 2weeks away now

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Personally I would always want to meet anyone operating on me.

But with that said when people have emergency surgery they often don't see the surgeon first it doesn't mean they won't do a good job or even a worse job just because they haven't seen you first.
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024