Author Topic: protein shakes  (Read 89396 times)

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
I go to the gym and do bench press, and other pec exercises (amongst others)

I've just started taking protein shakes.

I'd just like to make sure this won't cause any adverse effects towards my gynecomastia.

irish lad

no mate shakes wont have an effect but bench press and other pec exercises can make your gyne look worse by pushing the gland out etc.. it happned to me... id worry about your chest program if anything

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
Well I would rather be fit, buff, strong, muscular with gyne then be chubby, weak, skinny, unfit with gyne.

When your buff and fit with gyne it looks "less" worse,
then to be fat , chubby, or skinny with gyne.
Thats how I see it because I can't just go get a surgery whenever I want.

Offline grumpygyne

• Posting Member
Hi,
Same here. I workout alot, and as a result my chest pushes out the gland and some fat there that wont leave.

But, when I had my consultations for surgery, the docs (4 of them) told me that because the pectoral muscle is so large, the final result will be much better. So, working out may not "cure" gyn, but it will improve the results if you ever elect to get surgery.
Just my 2 cents.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Trying to "hide" your gyne by not training the chest is pointless.  Even though training the chest does seem to make the gland more visible, your chest will still look far better than it did before.  What could be worse than a muscular chest with puffy nipples?  I'll tell you...a soft flabby fat chest with puffy nipples  ;)
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Well I used to take protein shakes (Muscle Milk) it tastes great but one thing about it is that it contains lots of fat and sugar, which is pretty bad...I haven't consumed Muscle Milk for 2 months now, and I plan on switching to tuna fish, I have a friend who got really big (not fat wise, muscle wise) by eating tuna fish 2 times a day.... But there are protein supplements that have lots of different things that affect your hormones, and I had a co worker who used that type of protein supplement and developed gyne because of it.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

irish lad

, I have a friend who got really big (not fat wise, muscle wise) by eating tuna fish 2 times a day.... 

fair play i coudnt stomach eating any fish twice a day LOL! :D

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
I bench about 50kg (110lbs) and I know the 'risks' about pecs pushing out the gyne, but I care more about becoming fitter.

I use maximuscle promax strawberry, and i was just curious as to whether it would cause any unwanted growth (as i would with any dietary suppliment) but seeing as i know it wont, I have every intention to continue.

Since I started the gym, my pecs have gotten bigger, and no doubt my gyne will have been pushed out, but I look much better than I did before.
I have a 6-pack, and good pecs, and even with gyne, it looks much better than my completely flat chest did before I started working out.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
...I plan on switching to tuna fish, I have a friend who got really big (not fat wise, muscle wise) by eating tuna fish 2 times a day....

I used to eat tuna (and still do in smaller quantities) but be warned that it contains mercury, and eating it twice a day will raise your mercury levels significantly.

Just google fish mercury calculator or something like that.

Offline showtyme3

There is no way that ANY of the protein shakes out there have anything in them that could affect your hormones enough to "give you" gyno. My guess, is your friend was also taking some kind of pro-hormone. I know that is how I got mine. I was in the middle of a cycle and ended up getting hurt at work, which immediately ended my cycle, and i ended up on codeine and perkesets for the next few months. Messed my hormone levels all up and now I am blessed with a much more impressive chest!  ::) anyway, I know enough about hormones and weight lifting to know that there is no way gyno can be caused purely by a protein shake.

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
Whey protein shakes the like of GNC whey chocolate, contain very low sugar, very low sodium and salt, and around 20 grams of protein.  Every nutritionist or mens health variety magazine will tell you that whey protein is one of the best things you can put in your body. 
Sources of lean protein like this, accompanied by weight lifting are a one-two punch at fat burning, and may improve the look of your chest, if you are lucky enough to have more fat than gland in the pectoral region.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
I drink a couple of these a day.  Hard to say what contributes to successful weight loss and strength gains, but they do appear to help.  I use the GNC brand, 120 calories, 24 grams protein per scoop.  Add skim milk, a banana, and a blender, and makes for a great post work out meal.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
i'm promaxin' relaxin, all cool (strawberry)

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
Well I would rather be fit, buff, strong, muscular with gyne then be chubby, weak, skinny, unfit with gyne.

When your buff and fit with gyne it looks "less" worse,
then to be fat , chubby, or skinny with gyne.
Thats how I see it because I can't just go get a surgery whenever I want.
I totally agree, either way it looks bad, and people know its something you weren't able to get rid of on your own so they won't just look at you like you're just another fat guy.
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
I use muscle milk lite ??? it has half the calories and in my opinion half the taste.

Haha I use the regular Muscle Milk and its the only shake I can actually drink without gagging..the lite isn't as good, but I still think its better than the most other protein powders.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024