Author Topic: new and considering surgery  (Read 1274 times)

Offline ironsabbath

hello everyone, i've always been overweight and now in my early 20's ive done something about it... ive been working out rather intensly over the past 2 months and ive managed to drop from 195 to 170 and its a solid 170, not water weight... when i was 17 i probably weighed about 240 and im 5'7, i started surfing at age 18 and dropped to about 190 and ive stayed there for 3 or 4 years til now where ive finally picked up running and going to the gym... this has made me more conscious of my body, i look in the mirror and i like my results, however i have big nipples.  I'm a wide shouldered guy, being 5'7 and 170 without much fat besides a bit in the mid section i feel like with my frame the lightest i should get is about 160...  My upper chest has always been nice and wide so when i flex my chest looks pretty much flat, however once i get to the bottom of my chest and the top of my abs theres a nice A cup like drop off... When im nipples are a little hard i really like the way i look, they seem a bit smaller and it seems to tighten up that lower chest too, but when they are flacid (which for some reason only happens 100% for me before bed) they look a bit saggy when im not flexing and my nipples and get to be the size of average pepperonies... ive been working on just chilling with my shirt off and being comfortable with what i have but the more i get the rest of my body looking ripped, the more self- conscious i get about my nipples and lower chest... ive been takeing 'diet aid of questionable value' along with doing lots of upper chest work outs (diamond pushups, decline bench, decline flys, etc...)  Ive looked at the pictures on this site and i have to say that i dont feel like mine look as bad as they could but they still are bugging me..
I was always over-weight but i dont think ive been conscious of my chest until highschool and i think its because when i was 16 i was in the hospital for several months with chrons disease complications and i was put on alot of pretnizone (steroids)... Ive also been smoking marijuana regularly since i was 17 which ive heard could contribute to the development...  Ive been cutting back on the smoking and im in the process of stopping all together (its only been a week)...  I feel like with the pills and the workout my chest is getting a bit smaller but still not perfect, are there any other suggestions besides surgery.
More importantly, has stopping marijuana use lead to a decrease in gyne or is it that once the damage is done, its done and there will be no reduction after i stop using?  Sorry if this reads as long winded im just trying to get all my thoughts out there, when i get by a camera i will post pictures to see what you guys think.
Thanks

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
don't have any pics, but going by your description the damage is done, though staying off the pot would help keep it from coming back once it goes.  if you're not happy with it now, i don't think you ever will be, so at risk of sounding like dr laura, i think you already know the answer to your own question  ;)  on the bright side, if you get somebody competent to do it i think you could be happy with an improvement.  welcome to the boards. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
HHH is on the mark. I agree completely.

I would add though that the only place you will find a success story about products such as 'diet aid of questionable value' is on the site where the products are sold.

Reliable medical products quit using such testimonials ages ago.

That stuff is only going to reduce your wallet. You have no chance of making good on their "guarantee".
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024