Author Topic: UNITE MEN  (Read 1237 times)

Offline jjack85

• Posting Member
I have to say.. I'm mortified to see how badly this condition has affected most of you.

So sorry to see, how many of you still battle with the mental side, even though the physical aspect has been removed.
It kills me to see, how badly this condition has ruined so many lifes.
How this condition turns happy young men into outcasts of society.
How it makes us into fearful beings, losing touch on life. Forgetting how to really rejoice about little things.

I am lucky to live in a country, where the general healthcare system performs this operation with the cost of a day in the city's hospital.

I urge you in the US/UK/Anyfuckingwhere, who have lived through gyne, gone through surgery, and feeling that change, to unite.
To unite, and put up an petition, addressed to the insurance companies, to change their policy on covering gynecomastia.
This is without a doubt one of the hardest burdens to carry, one of the worst hands to be dealt as a teenage boy.

I breathe freely now. I breathe freely because that burden on my chest has been removed.
I hope that all the men that are still battling with this condition, day to day, concealing it, living in secrecy, get a chance at breathing freely.
Those men that cannot afford this surgery, they need the help of others, you all need to UNITE.

I'm on post-op day 5, a little bruising, a little soreness. The vest is killing me.
But I'm waiting for the day that I can take off my shirt on a hot summer day, and run along the beach.
On that same beach, where I was ridiculed as a young boy.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
So true man so very true. But what is a petition? Is it like some protesting outside of congress or something like that? Because if it involves with cameras and media I dont think many of us have the time or balls to do so. But if it is a thing where you need signatures then yes I'm up fot it. But as I said, this is a great idea and hopefully someday it comes true.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are already some Medical Insurance Policies that cover the cost of Gynecomastia surgery.

These are almost always the higher cost policies. The Insurance companies have to get the money from somewhere as they cannot simply pluck it off the trees. The bottom line is that if you want more coverage in your policy, you have to pay for it.

With respedt to another thing mentioned in the original post, The emotional problems suffered as a result of having Gynecomastia. The pain is just as real as that of any injury, for some even moreso because it simply does not go away. Ironically, even some of the low budget insurance policies will cover the cost of a psychologist.

A shy and introverted person is not go8ing to change overnight because they have surgery. A well adjusted person though might get a whole new lease on life.

Ultimately, what is going on between your ears is more important that what is on your chest.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024