Author Topic: Not very happy with results  (Read 2504 times)

Offline gy1

• Posting Member
Had my surgery 6 months ago with, according to popular opinion on this site, the best or one of the best surgeons in the area.  I have a number of problems that i did not have before the procedure.  The procedure was expensive and recovery was long and painful.  
I wasn't going to write anything but thought i should to warn anyone thinking that this is an easy, guaranteed fix for the problem.  It seems like the procedure is a gamble and so expectations should be relatively low.  
There are areas of my chest that look better, but more areas that look worse and so overall, my chest looks worse.  
With a shirt on, my left nipple sticks straight out, my left side is visibly a different shape than my right.  Without my shirt, there are lines, a couple of buldges, etc. that the doctor says are fine and MAY improve.  And of course, a couple of nice incision scars.
He is the only one i have shown my chest to that does not see any problems with my chest post op or he's at least not admitting to seeing them.  My chest was flat for a few weeks, it is almost the same as before the surgery now.
I was very impressed with him and his staff at the beginning, but now wish i could turn the clock back about 6 months.  My impression now is that his number one goal is to make money (and he got allot of mine).  
My advice is to exercise as much as you can to improve the appearance and if you then decide to go ahead with procedure, do not expect a huge improvement.  
My chest might improve with time, but at this point i don't see it improving enough to change my disappointment unfortunately.  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:58:30 PM by gy1 »

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hye g1 did u have a big case of gyno then? was a lot removed? also are u in the uk. i have read some results can take up to a year to heal. my views on surgery seem to change day by day.

good luck on ur healing

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thanks for the reply mate! i understand ur concerns i have yet to have the surgery i dont have a big case and i am still in the deciding mode wether to have the surgery or not.

it is a hell of a lot of money! one thing i have noticed tho is on these boards they seem to have gone quiet, alot of the people who have had surgery dont seem to have posted for awhile. wether they have moved on and are happy with the results i dont know but it does make me wander

i take it u dont want to say the surgeon or wether u are in the uk? also do u feel u are not flat enough could this be swelling etc do u have any pics then?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think most who have problems are more likely to come back and ask like you did, those who are happy with it tend to move on. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Sorry to hear you're not happy with your results. :(

Would it be helpful to get some opinions from people on the board? If so, do you mind posting a few pics? I know it would be helpful for people considering surgery.

Good luck on the healing. Perhaps you just need to give it some more time.

Cheers

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I strongly agree with HHH.

Whereas most results are good, there are occasional cases like this and anyone seriously considering surgery should be fully aware that there is always some element of risk involved.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024