Author Topic: Im really Unsure and i need help to ease my brain.  (Read 2563 times)

Offline magnusb19

so, when i was about 23 i went from having no body fat whatsoever, abs and all.. to gaining about twenty pounds, alot fat.
Now.
I lost alot of the weight, when i stand up i have abs and it loosk good, but when i bend over i have some fat within my stomach so its not totally gone.

now i always figured i got fat in my chest as well.
I used suppliments that claim it naturally boosts tests level when working out, for only one week. and quit cause i decided it wasnt for me.
i email the company and went to many forums and were told there is no way you can get gyno from it , its dosnt deal with hormones.
fair enough.
my nipples point down, look fine when just standing up or when i streatch my arms back, but when i let my arms hang, or flex forward my nipples stick outwards, kinda puffy like and have something behind them not sure if fat, or gyno, when i pinch all around the area i feel a " lumpy fat" but when i press down on my nipple just as i sit here i dont really feel nothing. Does fat in the chest have a lumpy feel to it? is this normal
i went to the drs once he tolod me to hold my hands out and press them together and he quickly pressed my chest and said it was muslce with some fat in it.
but he knows i suffer from bad anxiety and kinda discarded me.
So is fat in the chest lumpy feeling, could it really be gyno, i mean im pretty lean and i dont feel anything rock hard but when i pinch around the area yea there is a soft lumpy clister all around the nipple anda to the sides.

Offline rupert20

• Posting Member
im the same deal. i would appreciate a helpful response.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
yes i have the same thing to! i  have read from a drs previous post that gynecomastia isnt hard or soft, gland or fat, it can be all or just one.

gynecomastia is where the chest gives off a more feminine appearance it is more of a contour problem so maybe u saying u cant feel a gland, well the gland could be soft or hard. if u have tried exercising and healthy eating and like u say u dont carry much fat well the chances are u have it.

also maybe goin to a doctor would help, i know its embaressing but im guessing they see alot of men with this problem

as far as i know the only way to correct this is to have surgery to hope this helps

Offline magnusb19

i did see a dr a few years ago
he told me to place my hands together and flex my chest
he touched my chest quickly and said it was fat.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
im not sure then to be honest i am no doctor so cant say! some users find it useful to post pics. if u are still thinking u have it even tho a dr has said no maybe it be worth having a secound opinion!

Offline shidu54

• Posting Member
I think one thing that has been made clear on this forum is that regardless of what your gyne is comprised of (be it gland or fat), if it bothers you--decreases your self-confidence, makes you avoid the beach, swimming, and wearing t-shirts, etc...--than it is legitimate for you to be concerned.
Do not overburden yourself with having to know whether your gyne is gland or fat.  I went to a doctor a year ago and was asked to do the same thing you were; I flexed my chest, the doc felt around, and said that it was just fat.  I left that room confident that I could do something about my chest, but after working out hard for 2 months, I saw no improvement... I just had my surgery in December, and the PS said he was surprised at how much glandular tissue I had.
If you have tried dieting and exercise but still find your chest contour to be troublesome, then maybe you should think about setting up a consult with a plastic surgeon.  The only way to get rid of gyne, unfortunately, is surgery...

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is a fool's errand to try to determine if one has fat or gland on one's chest.  Most commonly, it is both.  And unfortunately, once the tissues are deposited on the chest, it is very difficult to "work it off" with exercise.  In these circumstances, surgery remains the definitive method to remove the excessive tissues.

Even my hands, which have examined thousands of male chests, cannot predict how much fat or gland is present in any patient.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
The only thing that really matters is how you feel about your chest when you look in the mirror. From a surgeon's standpoint, it does make a difference in how I treat the tissue. You mentioned that you had some anxiety issues. Young gynecomastia patients are often much harsher on themselves then everyone else is. Seriously, I have dedicated my life to treating gynecomastia but I would be the first to say that many men who are very body conscious are often too critical of themselves. On the other hand, if you do have a problem then I would also be the first to say you should take care of it.

Here is a link that explains the different types of gynecomastia and what they look at. It would be very helpful for your research.

Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
based on your physical description, it sounds like a mild but annoying enough form of gyne.  the company's probably not going to tell you the truth, you should never interfere with the hormones, even an excess of testosterone like it sounds like their product caused can convert to estrogen instead. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024