Author Topic: Can I work it off  (Read 3059 times)

Offline code veronica

Yo I'm 17 and I got gyne. My moobs stick out like a bitch and I was wondering what would happen if I worked out my chest area. I have that slimshirt thing that makes it look like you dont have it; mines are so big that I have to wear 2 and a normal vest. What would happen? Would they spread out? shrink? what?

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Unfortunately, the pectoral muscle lies under the breast material. That means that if you build up the muscle so that it gets larger it will push the breast out further from your chest. That isn't what you want. Short of surgery there isn't anything you can do to make it go away - assuming normal body weight and true gyne. I would encourage you to remember that you are not your body. It's just a container for the person you are inside. Having said that, I also suggest that you talk with your folks about it, and then talk with your doctor. Growing up is hard enough without gynecomastia severely complicating the process. Also, you're not alone in this. LOTS of guys your age have this, and lots of grown men do as well.

DrBermant

Yo I'm 17 and I got gyne. My moobs stick out like a bitch and I was wondering what would happen if I worked out my chest area. I have that slimshirt thing that makes it look like you dont have it; mines are so big that I have to wear 2 and a normal vest. What would happen? Would they spread out? shrink? what?

Working out to Lose Weight and you can help with the fat component of gynecomastia, but the gland, residual fat and loose skin can remain as possible issues. I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. Most complain, as they build muscle, what sits on top of the muscle just get pushed further out.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you are of relatively normal weight and also have gyne, any workout which significantly builds chest muscle will not help the gyne at all -- in fact it may make it look worse because the gyne sits on the chest muscle, and as the muscle enlarges, it merely pushes the gyne out further. 

If you lose weight at the same time, then the fat component of your gyne may diminish but the gland will remain.  Your gyne might appear slightly smaller but would be more solid -- and on a chest with larger chest muscles, it would still be very noticeable and objectionable.

Best advice is to discuss with your parents and then visit a plastic surgeon (several, in fact) to see what can be done.

For further information, please go to:  http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/genecomastia_5.asp

Good luck to you.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024