Author Topic: Left chest still swollen 4 months after surgery ?.  (Read 4594 times)

Offline winston001

• Posting Member
Hi, I had my operation for mild gynecomastia just over 4 months ago now, my left side was more prominent before this and after the surgery I was told there was more to remove on the left than there was on the right. I am happy with the results as the main thing that bothered me was puffy nipples and these are now flatter, although slightly puffy Im guessing from scar tissue in time i am sure this will settle. My main concern is that my left side still looks bigger and more prominent than my right and makes me very self conciouse, I still would feel uncomfortable wearing a t-shirt in public in fear people would notice. I have seen people have had similar problems on this site and was wondering if i should be worried or not, will this be perminant or will it eventually balance out.

I would just like to know if anyones had this problem and seen improvements and how many months it took, was the swelling over the whole chest or just around the nipple with me it seems to be around the whole chest on the left side yet the right side looks fine. The swelling is hard now not soft feels like inflamed muscle tissue.

I spoke to my surgion and he said imbalance is common after surgery, but did not say if it would ever go down and be the same as the right side. Is 4 months still way to early to tell or should it be balanced out by now do you think.

Thank's for any help.

DrBermant

Hi, I had my operation for mild gynecomastia just over 4 months ago now, my left side was more prominent before this and after the surgery I was told there was more to remove on the left than there was on the right. I am happy with the results as the main thing that bothered me was puffy nipples and these are now flatter, although slightly puffy Im guessing from scar tissue in time i am sure this will settle. My main concern is that my left side still looks bigger and more prominent than my right and makes me very self conciouse, I still would feel uncomfortable wearing a t-shirt in public in fear people would notice. I have seen people have had similar problems on this site and was wondering if i should be worried or not, will this be perminant or will it eventually balance out.

I would just like to know if anyones had this problem and seen improvements and how many months it took, was the swelling over the whole chest or just around the nipple with me it seems to be around the whole chest on the left side yet the right side looks fine. The swelling is hard now not soft feels like inflamed muscle tissue.

I spoke to my surgion and he said imbalance is common after surgery, but did not say if it would ever go down and be the same as the right side. Is 4 months still way to early to tell or should it be balanced out by now do you think.

Thank's for any help.

By 4 months most changes should have taken place. There are some factors such as complications, surgical technique, and others that can prolong evolution of tissues. This often is a factor on how tissues feel. However, actual contour problems should be resolved by that time.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Photographs can help others understand your concerns. After Gynecomastia Surgery Video / Movies are even better at demonstrating issues, but more difficult to make.

Sometimes revision surgery can help. Such issues are best explored with your operating surgeon or someone you see for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024