Author Topic: Lumpiness under chest...  (Read 2202 times)

Offline technics777

• Bronze Member
Is it normal to have lumpiness under the skin after surgery? I mean, all the brusing is gone, just when i bring my shoulders back (and the skin pulls against the muscle), it looks really ugly (all bumpy/lumpy). Im guessing this is scar tissue from the lypo.
Does this go away eventually? (Lets say if I never massaged it). Or does massing alone only work?

Offline gtitdi

• Posting Member
Ask Lista on your next check up. Let us know what he says.

Offline robs

• Posting Member
Did you ever get an answer about the lumpiness?  I am seeing the same thing.  Has it gone away?

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
I have the same thing.  It seems to be steadily improving.  I just noticed today that a lot of the hardness is going away.  The right side is very good when I take off my compression wrap, but it swells a little during the day, but not too badly.  I think I need to stay with the vest 24 hours a day for a bit longer.

Offline robs

• Posting Member
Good to know that the hard scar tissue is going away, you must be relieved.

I think that after a certain point, swelling is just a natural process that also goes away in due time.  I remember a couple of years ago after spraining my ankle, long after it healed and I no longer felt any pain, there was still some swelling. It took a good 6 months for my ankle to look completely normal again.  I suppose it will be the same thing for this, we're just going to have to be patient!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024