Author Topic: Surgury and Pain  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Marq25

• Posting Member
I have a quick question about the Gyne Surgery, lipo and pain.  I am having the Gyne surgery done and might have some lipo done to my stomach.  Should I expect to be in really bad pain or will it be tolerable with pain medicine?

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I'm no expert but from what I've read and heard, lipo to the belly is more painful then to the chest.  I think because we have more fat in our belly so there's more lipo done down there.  Have you ever seen a lipo surgery?  It looks like it causes a lot of trauma.

When I watch the tv show Extreme Makeovers, the people are in so much pain after sugery that some of them even say, I wish I didn't have the surgery.  

Personally, I would take as much medication as I possibly could if I was in that much pain.  I would get the surgery if I had to because my physical being effects my mental state.

Good luck.

DrBermant

I have a quick question about the Gyne Surgery, lipo and pain.  I am having the Gyne surgery done and might have some lipo done to my stomach.  Should I expect to be in really bad pain or will it be tolerable with pain medicine?

Pain after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, techniques used, skill of your surgeon, aftercare, and other factors best explored with your surgeon.  On that link you can find experiences of patients with my techniques.  Although we give each patient a prescription for some strong medication, typically my patients are using just Tylenol for comfort.  That includes patients for both chest, and liposuction abdominal contouring.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I had both lipo and excision (roughly 1000 and 800 cc's removed from the left and right, respectively) and never really felt any pain.  As long as you take your meds you should be fine.  Extra Strength Tylenol is a good alternative to the painkillers.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline hypo

When talking about the short term there is NEVER a reason as to why an individual should be left in intolerable pain.

Even at the end of people’s lives when they are suffering from terminal conditions, pain can often be controlled.

Pain should be controlled to tolerable levels after all operations.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024