Author Topic: gyne or fat?  (Read 2789 times)

Offline joshxxx

Ok, after reading a little bit on here i've seen where people say gynecomastia is when you can feel lumps and shit under your nipple.  I don't feel any of that.  It just feels like fat.  It feels exactly like my tummy.  For example, earlier today i woke up and had to take a leak.  It was pretty cold in the house and my nipples were hard.  When i looked in the mirror, it just made it look like i have normal boobs when my nipples are hard.  When they aren't, that's when it looks gross.  The pink circle around your nipples, the areola or whatever, kinda puffs out when i'm not cold and it's gross looking.  Is this gynecomastia?  The more weight i gain the more fatty my boobs get, but i'm certain the fat will go away if i start working out.  But, what about the nipples?  Will they always be puffy like that?  Thanks.

Offline gynefree4me

• My Story
Josh

I don't know if this helps you but I thought I had a considerable amount of fatty tissue but after my consultation with a PS, he tells me there is more glandular tissue than fatty tissue. I don't feel any pain or discomfort pressing on my chest & I don't really feel the harder tissue that would be associated with the glands. but there is still alot of fatty tissue there & I'm no expert ;)

-Paul
Excision & Lipo - 14 Jan 2003 - Independence Day!
www.geocities.com/gyne670/newgyne.html

Offline UKgyne

• Patience is a virtue!
    • My 4 month post-op photos
They will be puffy like that until you have an op to remove the tissue pushing them out, unfortunately.

:(

Mike
No breasts, just those puffy nips! Gone now though.......bilateral excision 16/9/2002.

Offline radioboy

• Posting Member
are puffy nipples considered to be gynecomastia, even with no lumps?  some have puffy nipples only because they were overweight and then lost weight.   ???

if not gynecomastia, these cases can still be treated by plastic surgeons, right?

--radioboy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2003, 11:24:47 PM by radioboy »

Offline gynefree4me

• My Story
The tecnical term for fatty tissue type of gynecomastia is "pseudogynecomastia" but most of the time, they are all often just refered to as gynecomastia as a group

-Paul

Offline joebugandi

hello josh and others... ive got the same exact problem as u do josh...  got it around 13-14 and now im 20 ... ive tried working out alot but it doesnt seem to work....  im reading around the board trying to find out if there are ANY success stories with my situation where u can just lose fat to remove the puffy nipples..

Offline snugs

• Posting Member
hello josh and others... ive got the same exact problem as u do josh...  got it around 13-14 and now im 20 ... ive tried working out alot but it doesnt seem to work....  im reading around the board trying to find out if there are ANY success stories with my situation where u can just lose fat to remove the puffy nipples..

Weight loss kinda helped me, but it sure didn't fix the problem.

Here's my before/after pic thread: http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1139156121

Offline joebugandi

yea dude good job bro....  im currently trying to slim down more too...  waking up and doing 25-30 minutes cardio before first meal.... then playing alotta basketball later on the day... im also canceling all the junk food... mcdonalds, popeyes... watever thats deep fried.. its only about like my 2nd or third day doing it but i hope i can last A LONG time... anyways.... ur gyne doesnt look that awful now that u've toned down ... well tell me if u gonna get surgery or not.. later

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are many who will argue about whether a person has "True" or "Pseudo" Gynecomastia.

The discussion hinges upon whether the breasts are fat or gland. The fact is that there is usually some of both. Even in those few cases where one is present but not the other; the gland could be soft rather than fibrous and the fat could be deceptively fibrous. In short, even a skilled surgeon can sometimes be fooled in a pre-surgical examination.

Gynecomastia is not a disease, In fact it is so common that it is statistically normal. While there are rare exceptions, There are not usually any physical mal-effects due to Gynecomastia. The Damages are emotional and psychological and the damage is the same whether the breasts are fat or gland.

I wish people would quit trying to make this distinction. It is rather like whipping a dead horse, It gets you no-where.
Grandpa Dan

Offline snugs

• Posting Member
yea dude good job bro....  im currently trying to slim down more too...  waking up and doing 25-30 minutes cardio before first meal.... then playing alotta basketball later on the day... im also canceling all the junk food... mcdonalds, popeyes... watever thats deep fried.. its only about like my 2nd or third day doing it but i hope i can last A LONG time... anyways.... ur gyne doesnt look that awful now that u've toned down ... well tell me if u gonna get surgery or not.. later

It's not horrible, and is definitely easier to cover up, but it's still plenty noticable.

I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon scheduled in a few weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024