Author Topic: Sleeping?  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Do most people sleep with a bra, bra top, compression garment on or nothing?  For most of my life i slept shirtless at night.

I usually go with a comp shirt have but now that it is warmer i am sleeping with a sports bra.  

If i don't have anything on my left arm tends to go to sleep and bugs the snot out of me.  

I have read that it is recommended not go wear a bra at night to let the lymphatic fluids flow as a bra can restrict it.

Offline speedy89

• Posting Member
I wear a sports bra to bed every night, it is rare that I don't wear anything. It's so much more comfortable for me to wear a sports bra.

hammer

Bman41, great to see you on the forum again!

I tried sleeping with the Magic Grivity Bra on for awhile and it was comfortable but I had also read not to wear anything so I also stopped and let the "girls" be free! LOL

Offline TigerPaws

When my breasts began to develop they were very, very sore, I went from a flat chest to a 38C in just over 2 years. I learned to sleep on my back and my side. Generally I do not have to wear anything except during the winter when I wear silk PJ's.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
a shirt with a built in shelf bra is a good compromise between wearing a bra at night, which may be bad for you, and wearing nothing.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
It is just so warm lately i dont want to wear the bra tank just be cause it is covering more and makes me warmer.

I have been wearing a sports bra on warm nights and it helps, my wife is fine with it.  I have always liked it cool when i sleep. 

Is the idea of wearing a bra at night a real issue with lymphatic fluid flow?

Offline TigerPaws

Is the idea of wearing a bra at night a real issue with lymphatic fluid flow?
While the medical professionals on this site would have a more definitive answer, from my understanding of the available literature the answer would be yes.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
wearing a sports bra to sleep has to be the worst one for you, since they are so tight. There are things called sleep bras, which are basically just shelf bras or unwired, uncupped, unpadded bras that will give some light support while sleeping.
I'd think even a lingerie bra (the typical every day bra) would be better for you to sleep in than a sports bra.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have been starting to use some older sports bras that are too big bit make comfortable sleeping bras.   Way loose for daily wear, but do seem good for night. 

I might look at a leisure/sleep bra too, thanks for the advice.

aboywithgirls

I agree with wearing a sleep bra. I get light support for my girls. They are very comfortable to sleep in. The sleep bras I wear are just a pull over with some lace around the edges which is a similar design to a sports bra only much more comfortable. I couldn't imagine wearing a full sports bra to bed every night. I'd much rather wear my soma everyday bra than a sports bra

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I would avoid an underwire bra at night, you could bend the wire and damage it. 

there are times i have, if I am tired i just get in bed and leave it on. 

sports bra works for me, if it is that tight you probably have the wrong size.  I have the Nike combat compression bra, works well.  Very well made.  Not a walmart cheapie.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024